CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
Scott Parker

Profile:
I am not new to CrossFit, and have been following the WOD for the last three years, but have been doing so completely on my own and have been working out in regular gyms, which meant i had to do a lot of improvising,, substituting, and leave out certain exercises/movements because it either wasn't possible or i didn't know how to do the movement properly. well, all that has changed!

i moved to san diego less than a week ago and one of the first things i did was go to CrossFit san diego and started the instructional/technique classes, and did my first WOD today. it was amazing to actually have someone there showing you how to do all the movements correctly. i quickly realized that i have been doing a lot of the movements wrong, or at the very least not as efficient as i could be doing them, and i have been waiting three years to actually be able to train at a place where they have everything that you need and instead of people looking at you like you are a freak you are supported! all i have to say is even if you think you know how to do these movements i highly recommend at the very least checking out a facility if you are lucky enough to have one in your area. in just the two days i have been there i swear i have learned more on proper movement and technique that i have in the last three years! and i also did my first muscle up on rings today! i have never had rings at any of the gyms i had trained at before and always did them on a straight bar.

it's pretty sweet to be in such a supportive environment and this is just the thing i needed to get motivated and get back into Crossfit.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
Joshua Murphy

Profile:
I second your comments Scott - every time I visit an affiliate I find new "weakness" to work on!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 AM   #3
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Scott, welcome to CrossFit!
All of us are still learning & improving along the way.
That's the beauty of CrossFit, there is so much help available.
I found out a long time ago that there would always be someone (or many) faster & stronger than me.
That means I can always look to the more accomplished CF athletes to help me improve.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
John Seiler

Profile:
Great post, Scott. Eddie and Lisa ROCK!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Great Props for Eddie and his crew!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
Scott Parker

Profile:
yeah, i forgot to mention them! so far eddie, lisa and rajesh (sp.?) have been absolutely amazing!