CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 04-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Joe Marsh

Profile:
No big deal really. Just improved my time on Fran. The thing is it improved a lot! First time I met Fran, I finished in 15:05. Second time was 6:27. Why would anyone not train this way? Still looking for vegas crossfitters.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
Martin Schap

Profile:
I am not in Vegas, but that is an awesome improvement and I just wanted to congratulate you. What area would you say the improvement came in? Unbroken sets? No water break? I'm always curious to find out people's methods.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
Joe Marsh

Profile:
Thanks Martin. My improvement was definitely in the pullups. Before crossfit, i had never heard of a kipping pullup. So when I did them for the first time my heart nearly came out of my throat. Since my first fran, I've been able to improve my pullups so much that i can easily bang out 15 to 20 of them in a set. My shoulders, as far as pressing weight above my head, have always been decent. I think i can attribute this to a relatively good exposure to Olly lifting. Ask me to do a handstand pushup, though, and you'll be sadly disappointed. Sets of pullups were broken in half, which is hard to do with odd numbers. Thrusters were no trouble at all. This leads to belive that I should use 45s next time are figure out a way to load up a 95# bar and get it to the chin up station without the gym patrons running for their lives!! Water was not really an issue. had a bottle and only took 1 or 2 sips.
Thanks Again Martin.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
Jason Billows

Profile:
Way to go Joe. Nice job.

I'm not in Vegas, but I may be heading your way this summer. I just placed 3rd in 3 recent satellite tournaments with the final two places winning an all expense paid trip and entry into the World Series of Poker main event. Yep, 3 times in a row I came up one short. But no, I'm not bitter. grrrr :-) Anyway, I've got two more tournaments like this to try and win my way and if that doesn't happen I may just bite the bullet and fly myself down for one of the lower buy in tournaments.

So, with any luck, I'll be getting in touch with you to schedule some WODs this summer.