CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-04-2004, 04:55 AM   #11
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Just got back last weekend from a two week vacation and was reading back posts. I can't believe no one mentioned the May 2004 Cross Fit Journal: Zone Meal Plans. To tell the truth, you could base your whole diet on that document, without reading anything else!! RON GET THIS ISSUE. It hits theory and lays out meal plans for male / female, all sizes. The ultimate diet document for Crossfit.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:27 AM   #12
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

Larry,

Would that be back issue 21 - titled Meal Plans? Thanks.

-Jay
Old 08-04-2004, 09:26 AM   #13
Mike Minium

Profile:
Jay,

That would be the one--May 2004.

(Lynne, if you read this, I noticed there's a typo for your listing of this issue on your FAQ page--it says "Meap Plans".)

Mike
Old 08-04-2004, 11:10 AM   #14
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Ron,

I had great success on weight watchers but that is because I did it with the Zone and Paleo as the underlying nutritional theory. Weight Watchers can be done, like most any diets, really well in terms of nutrition or really poorly. You can eat nothing but glazed donuts and stay on points or you can eat omega 3's, lean meats, and vegies. I have known people on the Zone diet who think they understand it but eat a glazed donut with a steak and assume that is balanced. I finally left Weight Watchers when I got too muscular for the amount of calories they would allot me (they think I should eat 1000 per day when my RMR is about 1550). They use the BMI instead of actual lean body mass as the way to determine goals. Anyway, if your wife wants to talk about making weight watchers work, and you want her to learn about the zone and paleo eating, put her in touch with me.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:16 PM   #15
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Beth,
Thanks for the offer. I'm going to try and warm her up to the Zone real soon and then drop some paleo on her after that. She's getting really frustrated with her shape and her sciatic (sp?) nerve keeps her from really exerting herself in exercise. I will pass along your comments as to WW and gauge the reaction. Good posts as always from you!
Larry, good to see you back. Hope the beach was good to you. Thanks for the advice on the back issue, I'll order it soon. Just wish I could use a direct debit to pay for it ala PayPal (suggestion to the powers that be?) so I could get it without using a credit card. Also, your suggestion would have saved me about $15, most of that in shipping as I just ordered MTZ yesterday!
Live and learn!!
Thanks to all on this string! I'll keep up with how it's going.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:17 PM   #16
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Got it, Mike - thanks! Of course, you could have mentioned the 3 other typos...:lame:
Old 08-16-2004, 05:36 PM   #17
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Just received Mastering the Zone on Saturday and started reading it today. Once I've gone through the theory and get to the meals, I'll have a better idea of what's going on. So far, it looks like a good plan and not as complex as I feared.
I'll keep posting with updates (in case anyone goes back to this thread!)