CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Keith Wiggins

Profile:
Back Spasms

Hey everyone names Keith, Im new and I have a problem with my back. The doc says I have muscle spasms in my back and my spine curves a little. I've been stretching and icing for about three weeks now, still hurts. This has been going on due to an injury in Iraq in 2003 and the pain is still there. I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and if you have some stretches or icing/heating techniques that could help. Any information will help emmensely.

Thank You
Keith Wiggins
Old 07-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Matt Corley

Profile:
Re: Back Spasms

I had severe spasms in my lower left lat earlier this week. They are almost completely gone now. I went to my doc and she had me take a muscle relaxer (only at night), ibuprofen, and heat. B/t the three and just staying as mobile and active as possible I feel a lot better.
Sounds like you have a lot more serious problem. Have you tried a ortho doc? Or someone who specializes in the back? Were you able to rehab the injury sufficiently?

Good luck
Old 07-20-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
David Reynolds

Profile:
Re: Back Spasms

Hey man, i got a lower back injury last year in iraq as well, small L2 disc movement. Went to Chiro before i returned this year, he told me not to really do any lower twisting movements. I am kinda stubborn because i love CF workouts and power lift exercises. What i did is started deadlifting, when i deadlift of course i go light and work on form, my lower back after about the 3 set starts to spasm, especially the left side. I was told, one poor flexibility, and two i have a weak lower back. Never did deadlift or back extensions until started cF, back is still kinda tight but seems to be getting stronger! Hang in there, go see a doc