CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
Dave Lemanczyk

Profile:
Re: 6 Basic Rules of Training Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Garrison View Post
That statement would suggest he believes squats and deadlifts don't elicit full body training.
This statement suggests we don't squat or deadlift because we do other things as a replacement. Very simple man, very simple. Things we do, things we do not.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
Dave Lemanczyk

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Winchester View Post
Many strong bodies have been built utilizing barbell exercises such as squats and deadlifts.

I went to your YouTube. What makes working out with a keg and therefore what appears to be your product superior or worth its cost in comparison with information regarding getting strong that's already available (and for free)? How is a deadlift or squat not conducive to total body training?
To be blunt; I am a former professional athlete who has overcome incredible obstacles in order to succeed. I also bounced for 5 years in some of New Yorks toughest Bars & Clubs. I know what type of training works for the danger time and the type of conditioning high level athletes need. My job here is not to promote any of my products but rather give you a perspective to see training a little more openly.

Deadlifts and squats are good compound bodybuilding movements but for athletes...there are far wiser choices for a thousand reasons. I train athletes.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
Rene Forestier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Dave does seem to be expounding his training systems a bit lately since he has posted a lot on them while being new.

I think it's just another flavor of training but it could be said it isn't necessarily the CF flavor.
Yeah, are you (OP) trying to pint out a weakness in the CF method? What's the point of your (OP) post?
----
I see your above objective...to enlighten us?...so we won't do DL and Squats?

Last edited by Rene Forestier : 04-22-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lemanczyk View Post
Deadlifts and squats are good compound bodybuilding movements but for athletes...there are far wiser choices for a thousand reasons. I train athletes.
Coach Glassman trains athletes as well, and clearly believes deadlifts and squats are useful.

Nothing wrong with professional disagreements, of course. But using a colleague's venue to promote your own stuff and denigrate his is a little rude.

Katherine

Old 04-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #25
Dave Lemanczyk

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
Coach Glassman trains athletes as well, and clearly believes deadlifts and squats are useful.

Nothing wrong with professional disagreements, of course. But using a colleague's venue to promote your own stuff and denigrate his is a little rude.

Katherine
Katherine I don't remember ever writing anything negative about anyones professional business. In fact, I only mentioned what we don't do and what we do. Think about it for a second, all I wrote what was what we don't do and what we do and look where this has gone. Interesting right?

I have nothing but good karma for anyone in the human performance business and certainly would not put someone else down for what they do. I did not do that yet you somehow perceive that. That's scary Katherine, scary.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #26
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Katherine I don't remember ever writing anything negative about anyones professional business. In fact, I only mentioned what we don't do and what we do. Think about it for a second, all I wrote what was what we don't do and what we do and look where this has gone. Interesting right?

I have nothing but good karma for anyone in the human performance business and certainly would not put someone else down for what they do. I did not do that yet you somehow perceive that. That's scary Katherine, scary.
See again the post I quoted. You bragged about your superior knowledge of the needs of high level athletes. You claimed that "there are far wiser choices" than deadlifts and squats, in a forum hosted by someone who views deadlifts and squats as integral to performance training.

I stand by my original post.

Katherine

Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #27
Dave Lemanczyk

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
See again the post I quoted. You bragged about your superior knowledge of the needs of high level athletes. You claimed that "there are far wiser choices" than deadlifts and squats, in a forum hosted by someone who views deadlifts and squats as integral to performance training.

I stand by my original post.

Katherine
Katherine, there is bragging and then there is reality. I train high school, college, and professional athletes. That's reality. When I wrote about far wiser choices that is my opinion of which I am entitled to. As are you. I never said anything negative about any Coach like you mentioned before. Apples and oranges my dear. You're getting all pepped up for no reason.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #28
Sara Fleming

Profile:

This is turning into a dogpile based on increasingly bad interpretation of intentions.

Dave has been positive and helpful to everyone who has interacted with him previously. There's no need for this. A lot of our affiliates, mine included, dabble in strongman training and I think its great to have a source interested in sharing ideas on the board.

A lot of people here are selling something, even if its just their own egos.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #29
Don Reynolds

Profile:

I do think the self promotion is a tad too strong from you Dave; however, I don't find it any worse than the promotion of SS, Zone/Paleo diet, and a few other sites on these boards. There's a balance to be had somewhere there.

Just a few things to be considered here as well:

Ross Enamait doesn't train deadlifts and he's one fit dude.

I've seen that Dave Lemanczyk does swamp lunges. These, I assume anways, help make up some of the leg work instead of squats. More power to him if it gets him results.

We need to remember there are many methods that we can use to reach a goal.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #30
Dave Winchester

Profile:

Quote:
To be blunt; I am a former professional athlete who has overcome incredible obstacles in order to succeed. I also bounced for 5 years in some of New Yorks toughest Bars & Clubs. I know what type of training works for the danger time and the type of conditioning high level athletes need. My job here is not to promote any of my products but rather give you a perspective to see training a little more openly.

Alright, some more questions to see where you're coming from.

Do you workout out solely with kegs? From the videos it looks like you might use sandbags also, but I didn't watch all of them.

Have you always done this method, or is it something you came upon later in your training (i.e., were you exposed to it during your time as an athlete or did it come after)?