CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 11-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Tyler Jordan

Profile:
Resume Help

Hey there guys,
I am calling upon all my CrossFit family to help me with a question I have. I am building a resume for a "big boy" job as a customer service representative at a CrossFit/weightlifting equipment company and I am looking on how to word something. As one of my skills, I am very good at "proactive customer relations and product _________". I am looking for a word to put there describing my understanding of the customers needs, wants, and desires of product now, and as something that they don't know they need yet (if that makes sense).

If anyone could help me out, or have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Gary Moody

Profile:
Re: Resume Help

I don't have the right wording either, but it seems to me you are trying to say that you are able to pair up a customer's deisres with the proper items, and that you are able to guide the customer into discovering what the desires may be.
I will keep working on it, nothing to do while here at work.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Clint Harris

Profile:

I'd use "advocacy" somewhere or call yourself a customer advocate, maybe even a product advocate. It means everything you're probably trying to say.

Perhaps try reworking that sentence a few ways. Product may not work and is what's making you stuck. Just write out a few different things. Could be a series of words you might want to say, or an actual sentence/bullet that is continuously re-worked.

- proactive customer relations and product pimping
- proactive customer relations and product insight
- proactive customer relationship building while providing stellar product service
- customer advocacy proactive product insight
- ...proactive customer relationship building striving to be their trusted advisor.
- High customer satisfaction and product advocacy
- A trusted advisor focused on the customer experience, providing stellar service and product advocacy.

etc

Just try out different things. Turn the sentence around. Use a thesaurus and dictionary to find better words ... but remember bigger fancier words aren't always best.
Simple and succinct is usually better. People can smell bull**** a mile away. It being on a resume is no different.

Last edited by Clint Harris : 12-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
Frank Ngo

Profile:

Management ?