CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Amanda Strouse

Profile:
Aman-DUH workout log

Since I lost all my previous logs by switching phones. decided it's time to start one I can't lose. Plus I need to start keeping better track of things so I can maximize my goals better. I'm starting a solo plan to start kicking some major ***...lately I've been knocked down a few times mentally and I gave myself a choice. Wallow in my own crapulence OR pick myself up and show myself what I know I'm capable of.

6/12 - Handstand walking

I feel comfortable enough being upside down, I just need to pull together the coordination of walking. Walking upright is hard enough for me, so this will be challenging. I need to get out of my own way here and recognize I CAN do this.

Metcon - 5' of 7 x 1.5 pood russian swings and 7 v-ups

I lost count, but I think i did 8 full rounds with 7 swings. I felt uh-mazing during swings, but v-ups were lacking. Meh

Ate salmon and protein shale for dinner. Sometimes food is just about getting the nutrients in...that was tonight. Also ate a small gluten filled cupcake. Bad, yes...but it was too colorful to turn down.

GOALS: NEED TO REMIND MYSELF DAILY
* Improve mobility
*Attend at least one non-metcon class weekly
*Get asthma under better control
*Get muscle-up (this is a big one that I'm committed to)
*more things Oly - Speak to Jim about what I can do at my other gym to practice form. I KNOW I have the power for more, just not the skill.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Bonnie Vasko

Profile:
Re: Aman-DUH workout log

Hi Amanda! I ended up joining at CFCC. This is my 2nd week (post elements). Hope to see you around.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

6/13 - flash WOD outside

Decided to run down to WoD since it was a nice day

1.65 mile run, pose, cops and robbers style

12' amrap, 3 partners, 300 run, push ups, box jumps
I ran 300 twice, did about 90 push ups and somewhere around 90 box jumps. I reallllly focused on doing my box jumps in-broken and I kinda liked it. It felt better doing it fast and taking short breaks rather then slowly, steady like before.

1.65 mile run home. Kept it nice and tempo.

Decided to practice double unders for 5' and what a mess. I was totally pooped and very hungry and couldn't focus.

Meat fest for dinner.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

6/14 REST DAY Volunteering at Mann Music Center for summer..tonight I got to see Foster the People. While standing around, I REALLY practiced keeping my shoulders externally rotated. Sounds weird, but I needed something to do anyway while standing around.

6/15 Woke up with my shoulders like whoa sore. Guess last night worked....sweet life.

Manga the big *** protein breakfast and out the door to asthma Doc. We're gonna try to fiddle with my meds a little. I'm almost where I want to be, but I feel like it could be better. It's not an exact science figuring out what meds work best.

12pm - Skill work- Practicing muscle ups. Felt great with the band and got on high rings for first time. Practiced my kip and think that by the end of this rotation, I might just get this.
WOD - For time Row 1k, 50 45' thrusters and 30 pull-ups. LOVE this workout. Row in about 3:50. Thrusters did in 10, 10, 5, 10, 5, 5, 5. My hips were tight as hell, so I know I probably missed my depth for some of these. Kip pull-ups...did 7, 5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 2, 1...GAH...not bad, but could be better. Total time 9:50...I'll take it!

Home for sweet pot and protein shake

3:30pm Oly Hybrid (really just Oly today) up to peak on 1

Snatch 55, 55, 55, 66, 72, 79, 83(fail), 83, 88, 88(fail), 88
Started off weak sauce. Hips weren't letting me squat. Jim said I was looking powerful though so let me keep going to take advantage. 88 felt light, I just couldn't get under it cuz no squatting. **** it, it's a PR, I'll take it!

C&J 72, 85, 96, 104, 114, 118 (failed x2)
Started off like a boss and lost it once I hit 118. Clean's felt fast, jerks felt great, just didn't want it.

Home for more protein. Oddly, I feel great. I iced shoulders twice today, ate plenty of protein, lots of BCAA's and for once don't feel run down.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

6/16

Rode Philly Tri course with some newbie triathletes. It was excruciatingly slow pace...but nice to work with girls so new to the sport. Home to eat, off to gym.

Went to gym with **** poor attitude, so Oly lifting was no bueno for me. Missed everything, cussed at the bar..was a big fat ninny boo. Nothing worth talking about here.

6/17

Rode 18 miles with hairdresser. Easy ridin around fairmount park. Rest of day off.

6/18

Day off...allergies went on full blitz today. No work, no gym for me.

6/17

Talked w/ Erin about my goals and what to do to improve....I'm committed to getting better, no matter the circumstances. Missed 430 class, so just did small warm up on my own, practiced snatch from hang with ladies bar and then dbl unders for 10'.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Erin Davidson

Profile:

You're here! YAY! I'll be following!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

6/17.

Went to Croga during lunch. My gawd did I need this. I've been ****ing and moaning about mobility for weeks, so I'm glad I did something about it. Gonna try to go during lunch more often.

Pm - went to pool. Swam somewhere around 1000 meters. No real training here, just good swimming.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

6/21

5:30 Hybrid

Shankle (DL, hang pull x2, clean, jerk x2) (in pounds)
55, 66, 77,86, 94(missed squate), 94, 99, 103 Felt ok through these. As usual, the weight felt light, but my form still needs to follow. Felt like I rushed through these.

Back Squat(in kilos)

35 x3, 45 x3, 52 x3, 57 x3, 62 x3, 67 x2, 71 x1

SO, previous 1 rep PR was 140...so a 16 lb PR was AMAZING. Thing is, it all felt very easy. It's been awhile since I back squatted, but I remember it being tough for me. So this was a nice surprise.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

6/22 - Day off. Race tomorrow...no need to risk hurting myself

6/23 Saturday - First Triathlon of season (maybe only)
My boyfriend did this race as well, his first. His shoulder is hurt bad, so I ended up swimming next to him the whole time. It was brutal..I'm pretty fast and he couldn't do more then doggy paddle. This was surviving, not swimming. My bike went fine other then my quads seizing a little first 6 miles. No shocker there. Haven't been riding much and I wore a wetsuit for 30 min in 81 degree water. The run was fantastic. I felt I could have really pushed the pace...but I stayed with my boyfriend so we could finish together. All in all I had fun and felt great. The race felt shorter this year cuz it was easier for me.

6/24 Sunday - Rode bike to and from race(10 miles total). Cheered on some friends. Rested the rest of the day

6/25 Monday - Hybrid Oly, 5:30pm

Power Snatch, Full snatch (in kilos)
25, 25, 28, 28, 28, 28, 28 Kept it light so I could work on my form. Still struggled a little with it, mostly with the squat and getting under. I think I need to just get that damn bar overhead and fail or something just so I can be more comfy with it over my head.

Clean
29x2, 35x2, 40x1, 45x1, 48x1, 51x5 (failed last one) Felt ok through these, still want to work on getting more from my hips.

Back Squat
35x3, 45x3, 55x3, 63x1, 68x1, 71x1, 75x1 (failed) Form felt very good throughout. Just lost steam. I accidently turned today into a bit of a fast...so I was out of gas.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Glad the Race went well A 10-mile bike ride is SOME rest day. Eat woman! Eat!