CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Joshua Engman

Profile:
Max Paleo Benefit

Ive been CF-ing and doing paleo for about 2 years now. Im trying to lean out just a little...maybe 3% more bodyfat and am at 11-13 now. Im unable to run/jump due to a torn ACL and knee damage. I can still CF (did elizabeth today in 6:30, as RX). I am at work all day and thus pack a lunch but my issue is what and how to pack. im not a "zone" guy but typically do -
2 hardboiled eggs, a yogurt, 4oz almonds, 2 diet sodas, 2 string cheese, 3 oz lean turkey, tuna and maybe a some almond butter/jelly torilla wraps.

I feel like im not eating enough but not really sure what else to have avaliable. Im not looking for recipes per se but ideas and solutions for people in a similar situation with pre-packing their days worth of food

thanks
Old 10-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Max Paleo Benefit

Diet sodas aren't even remotely paleo. Neither are tortillas. Most commercial yogurts are full of non-paleo sugar and other junk -- read the label.

You're right, that's a pitiful amount of food.

More meat. More veggies. More fruit. Avocados are full of good fats and extremely portable.

Lots of threads here from people in a similar situation. Search.

Katherine
Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
Paulo Santos

Profile:

I bring some grilled chicken salads, oatmeal, and leftovers from the night before that I can just heat up. You can also make some protein shakes using almond milk or regular milk, 1 piece of fruit, almond or peanut butter, and a scoop of protein. For the oatmeal, I heat up oatmeal with almond or regular milk and then add 1 banana, protein powder, and almond or peanut butter. With the salad, I just bring the dressing separately and add it when I'm ready to eat it. In the salad, I like to put nuts and other veggies, such as peppers and carrots.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Never mind.

Last edited by Meghan Reid; 10-27-2011 at 12:49 PM..