CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 02-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
First 4 reps no rep from judge

I want an honest opinion on my first 4 reps. The judge no rep-ed me. I am in blue shirt and 456# near the left of the screen. Was hard doing the 4 extra reps and then trying to catch up. This was my jam. Ended up in 5th but you gotta get the points when you can. I personally think that I was hosed. I do have some serious not flexible shoulders to work with. I am working on that.

Funny Bill Grundler my friend doesn't even stand up all the way. Just has some really great shoulder flexibility.

:06 seconds to :14 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcfbyMBUvkw
Old 02-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
Shawn M Wilson

Profile:
Re: First 4 reps no rep from judge

The angle is hard to see but that first rep does seem out infront. Others I couldn't call from that angle...

i hate that it happened but still respect you a ton for being there.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:48 AM   #3
Alex Burden

Profile:

First rep your head is not infront/under the bar completly but your body looks good. i would no repped you on that one

Reps 2-4 look good to me and if you stop the film at the top you can clearly see you head infront/under the bar and your standing strait up clearly completing the rep.

Stop the film at the top of the movement for a few of the other athletes and you will see a difference... sorry to say i would have no repped Bill on his final 2 reps as he was not clearly under the bar as he was leaning forward, and his knees where slightly bent on the final 4reps.... so at least 2 no reps.

and thats only looking at the first 9 reps.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:37 AM   #4
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

You still looked like you was moving too slowly to get near the top 2... But agreed those no reps were a bit harsh
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 02-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
Richard Colon

Profile:

Much respect for having the ability and skill to be there in the first place but, unless I'm missing something as to when you posted this (yesterday), this is old stuff. Things are moving towards the '16 games season, it is now 2016 and this was last years games. Let it go and move on.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #6
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Rich, you are right.. was some fun seeing that I was not too crazy and that some others get better judges..
Old 02-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #7
Joe Spinelli

Profile:

First let me say how impressive it is to be in that group at all. I am in the 40-44 age group, and that level of competition amazes me.

That said, I have done a few team and individual competitions in my area for fun. I learned the hard way that every judge does things a little differently. I also learned the hard way that when the Emcee is loud and the music is going and the crowd is cheering, you sometimes have no idea if you are being no-repped. Most of my judges have been female, and I kindly ask them to shout at me if they see something they don't like. I also try and do a mock-rep before the clock starts to make sure we are on the same page.

I know you can't do that at the Games, and I think you got hosed a little bit. I agree rep-1 was questionable, but the rest looked no worse than some of the other lifts.