CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 12-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Christopher C Brophy

Profile:

Help...

Can someone expalin the wod for 12/02/05...I am assuming I need to do 21 reps of handstand pushups then do 21 reps of L-pullups...do I rest then do 18 handstand pushups then 18 L-pullups, etc? Or do I go through each 21,18, etc with no rest at all?

Regarding the L-pullup...I am not very good at pullups..I currently do negatives until I build up...Can I do negative l-pullups with the same results or should I do an alternative exercise?

Lastly, when I click on the exercises that have no video just a slideshow, a blank box shows up with a small red x in the top right corner..any ideas why? Do I need a different browser to view the slideshow?

Oh yea, my 10 year old niece will be doing the wods with me and I think she may not be able to do handstand pushups...any alternative or whouls I help up by her feet to do as many as she can?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 12-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Hi Christopher,

You could potentially split up the pull-up and the L-hold work. For developing these skills, and finding out some alternatives for the HSPUs, this article may help: http://www.crossfitracine.com/CFprogressions.pdf.

Hope this helps,

Ryan
Old 12-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Hi Chris,
Do check out Ryans outstanding doc. Also, for your niece we have a Kids Crossfit WOD that posts every morning. Here is a link to the Kids CF.
http://forum.brandxmartialarts.com/viewforum.php?f=19

Also on our forum we have begun posting the Crossfit WOD with some scaling that might be of use to you as well.