CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 06:21 AM   #41
Bruce (BJ) Bliffert
Member Bruce (BJ) Bliffert is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Frisco  TX
Posts: 47
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahsaan Kimbrow View Post
i cant find where to upload the xml
From the blogger dashboard, click on "layout" and then the "change html" then you can either upload your template or, if you can get it to work, copy and paste the code.

Hope that helps
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #42
Randy Tarasevich
Affiliate Randy Tarasevich is offline
 
Randy Tarasevich's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Norwich  CT
Posts: 1,632
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce (BJ) Bliffert View Post
From the blogger dashboard, click on "layout" and then the "change html" then you can either upload your template or, if you can get it to work, copy and paste the code.

Hope that helps
Yes, this is correct. You have to go to "Change HTML", not "Add a Page Element." My bad. I just copy and paste. Beware becuase you will lose all of the info from your old template. I spent the past day rebuilding my site, but it was well worth it.
__________________
www.sectcrossfit.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:24 AM   #43
Rahsaan Kimbrow
Member Rahsaan Kimbrow is offline
 
Rahsaan Kimbrow's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore  MD
Posts: 91
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

for some reason, i don't have that function
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #44
Michael A. Krivka
Affiliate Michael A. Krivka is offline
 
Michael A. Krivka's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gaithersburg  MD
Posts: 111
Is anyone using TypePad?

I'm trying to get a couple weblogs up and am running into walls left and right! I'd like to think that I'm pretty Web-savvy... but this app has got me pulling my hair out - and I don't have a whole lot to spare!?!?

Thanks!

BTW - links a re WFS
CrossFit Koncepts: http://www.crossfitkoncepts.com
Kettlebells Maryland: http://www.kettlebellsmaryland.com
Kettlebell Koncepts: http://www.kettlebellkoncepts.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #45
Randy Tarasevich
Affiliate Randy Tarasevich is offline
 
Randy Tarasevich's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Norwich  CT
Posts: 1,632
Re: Is anyone using TypePad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael A. Krivka View Post
I'm trying to get a couple weblogs up and am running into walls left and right! I'd like to think that I'm pretty Web-savvy... but this app has got me pulling my hair out - and I don't have a whole lot to spare!?!?

Thanks!

BTW - links a re WFS
CrossFit Koncepts: http://www.crossfitkoncepts.com
Kettlebells Maryland: http://www.kettlebellsmaryland.com
Kettlebell Koncepts: http://www.kettlebellkoncepts.com
Make an Official Typepad Help Thread. Its another really popular program used by CF affiliates.
__________________
www.sectcrossfit.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #46
Michael A. Krivka
Affiliate Michael A. Krivka is offline
 
Michael A. Krivka's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gaithersburg  MD
Posts: 111
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

Sounds good Randy... thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #47
Rahsaan Kimbrow
Member Rahsaan Kimbrow is offline
 
Rahsaan Kimbrow's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore  MD
Posts: 91
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

oh...... so you can't use the 3 column templates if you host the site elsewhere
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #48
Wade Smith
Member Wade Smith is offline
 
Wade Smith's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Savannah  GA
Posts: 1,269
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

Your logo looks great and is only 34kb, so filesize shouldn't be the issue. Are ALL of your graphics loading (is the banner logo the only one NOT loading and getting the little square "x" isntead)?

Does blogger have size/dimension limitations on photos/graphics you can upload?

Your logo is 660x427pixels which isn't enormous, but possibly exceeds some blogger limit. Or possibly exceeds some viewer's browser limit. Have you tested on a variety of computers/browsers/connections?

Also, I noticed that your logo is named "SECTCF+Logo.jpg". Is the plus sign (+) part of the name and is that possibly the issue? Try renaming it something with all lowercase letters and no charaters (ie; sectcflogo.jpg) and try again.

Last edited by Wade Smith : 12-23-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added a comment
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #49
Randy Tarasevich
Affiliate Randy Tarasevich is offline
 
Randy Tarasevich's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Norwich  CT
Posts: 1,632
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Smith View Post
Your logo looks great and is only 34kb, so filesize shouldn't be the issue. Are ALL of your graphics loading (is the banner logo the only one NOT loading and getting the little square "x" isntead)?

Does blogger have size/dimension limitations on photos/graphics you can upload?

Your logo is 660x427pixels which isn't enormous, but possibly exceeds some blogger limit. Or possibly exceeds some viewer's browser limit. Have you tested on a variety of computers/browsers/connections?

Also, I noticed that your logo is named "SECTCF+Logo.jpg". Is the plus sign (+) part of the name and is that possibly the issue? Try renaming it something with all lowercase letters and no charaters (ie; sectcflogo.jpg) and try again.
Thanks man. It seems to be working now. I reloaded it and it starting working alot better.
__________________
www.sectcrossfit.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #50
Wade Smith
Member Wade Smith is offline
 
Wade Smith's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Savannah  GA
Posts: 1,269
Re: Official Blogspot Help Thread

Cool. Post again if problem resurfaces.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Logsitall.com Thread - Post Here! George Mounce Community 95 02-11-2014 07:29 AM
It's Official........finally Caleb Gregory Running a CrossFit Facility 4 10-03-2007 07:20 AM
CF Official Warm up Greg Kemp Exercises 1 02-14-2006 10:03 PM
Beginner who can't even do official warmup... Michael Claggett Starting 12 03-01-2005 10:55 AM
Confused about the official warmup Stanley Kunnathu Starting 16 11-29-2004 10:58 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.