CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
Chris Varner

Profile:
Re: Squat rack/Pull Up Bar

I'd go with the bar with bumpers. More bang for your buck if you already have an S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Wickman View Post
I really want the S3. We have the S2's at my gym. I figured the S3 would be better since it's taller.

I am slowly building up equipment at my fire station. I have been having a hard time getting other guys into working out. So by my charity I have been adding stuff. I just ordered a games box and a med ball. We have a new treadmill, but thats about it. I moved a kettle bell, a jump rope and some dumb bells there. With just that I am running out of stuff to do. I guess next I should get a bar and some bumpers. Just don't know if I should get the S3 1st, or the bar with bumpers.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Varner View Post
I'd go with the bar with bumpers. More bang for your buck if you already have an S2.
Seriously a no brainer. Solid bar and bumpers is one of the most important pieces of equipment to have...
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
Kyle Wickman

Profile:

Sorry guys. I should have been more clear. At the affiliate I go to we have some S2's. For the gym I'm setting up at the firehouse I'm looking to get the S3 for the height. My plan is to get bar, bumpers, rings, heavier kettlebell and squat stand. I just can't get it all at once. Trying to get the important stuff 1st.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
Dan Thomas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandra Robles View Post
better built and value than Rogue.
Please explain. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
Steve Jaeger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Wickman View Post
Sorry guys. I should have been more clear. At the affiliate I go to we have some S2's. For the gym I'm setting up at the firehouse I'm looking to get the S3 for the height. My plan is to get bar, bumpers, rings, heavier kettlebell and squat stand. I just can't get it all at once. Trying to get the important stuff 1st.
Hey Kyle,

The pullup is arguably the number one programmed exercise in CrossFit, so the pullup bar should be high on your list. But if you want the equipment item that will bring the most amount of exercises into your repertoire, then the bar and bumpers are hands down the best choice. The way you listed it above "...bar, bumpers, rings, heavier kettlebell and squat stand..." is an excellent list already in great order of importance. I might suggest you squeeze in the pullup bar right after the bumpers, though.

Glad to see you spreading the Kool-Aid around to the folks at the Firehouse. Good stuff.