CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 04-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #11
Keiko

Profile:  
i did the 400/Deadlift/Boxjump today...i had a bad day, brain wasnt loaded...anyway,
my body weight- 151
deadlift 15 reps @185 ( duhh!)
Box jump 25 sets @19 inches ( duhh!)
440 yard run ( duh!!)
transition to weights from the track ( 40 yards )
total time - 15:30
grappled for 10 minutes afterward.
promptly passed out.
COACH, the program works, cant wait till my next visit.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:25 AM   #12
David Wood

Profile:

OK, the WOD wasn't up yet this morning, so I decided to go back and revisit this little house of pain.

I set it up so there would be absolutely no transition time at all . . . run start and end point is just steps from the DL and box jump.

I'm happy to report that, while I've still got just about the slowest time reported here, it's no longer pathetic (i.e., more than twice as slow as the best time).

I got 15:19 for three rounds. Thought I was going to come in under 15 minutes, but I absolutely had to stop for a few seconds after 10 reps in the last DL set (or drop the DBs).

What was really annoying was discovering that I wasn't on my assumed 2 minutes for the 400 meters . . . more like 2:45 the first time, 2:20 the second (I picked it up), and 2:55 the third time (ugly).

I don't think I've been breathing this hard in a long time. I don't usually have to lie down after a workout, but I did this time.

Dave
Old 05-01-2003, 07:48 AM   #13
Keiko

Profile:  
dave, u the man, that kind of go get it attitude is what describes your performance. the next time you gain the pain you will be lower. Great Job !...cant wait until your next time.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:04 PM   #14
Derek

Profile:

Hey Dave,
Just to let you know the Florida monster machine known as Dan Hurly vomited, then dam near passed out after his 9:48 time!

I attempted to best the 38 year olds time, but all I could muster was a 10:02 accompanied by coupe as amounts of vomit!

Just keep pushing the weights and the vomit guy’s!
Old 05-03-2003, 07:28 PM   #15
David Wood

Profile:

Keiko, Derek:

With all due respect to anyone who can turn in that kind of time . . . I don't think I'm ever going to work hard enough to vomit afterwards (at least, I sure hope I'm not). Lie down, OK . . . throw up, no thanks.

But . . . I see that today's (Sat 5/3) workout could well turn into one of those . . . 400 M run / BP bodyweight x10 / Chin x10 . . . for FIVE rounds . . . is Coach turning sadistic on us?

I'm on the road the next few days . . . thankfully, I won't be able to do this until I return . . . I may need a couple of days to psych up for it.

What kind of time will Mr. Hurly turn in for this one?

Dave
Old 05-08-2003, 09:50 AM   #16
Michael Rutherford

Profile:
I modified the WOD (400/deadlift/box jump) with 15 tire flips with a tractor trailer tire.

http://www.bootcampfitnesskc.com/functionalexercises.htm#

The tire adds the demension of odd object lifting creating a slightly different training challenge.

Find a tire store that specializes in trucks. Tell them what you want with a straight face. After they are finished laughing they are more than happy to have you haul off their trash.

BYOA- Bring Your Own Armour-All

LIVE STRONG!

Old 05-13-2003, 07:17 AM   #17
David Wood

Profile:

OK, like an addiction, I keep coming back to this workout.

Did it again today (Tues 5/13).

Unhappy to report that I didn't match my previous time . . . only got 17:15, despite "feeling" that I was on an even better pace than last time.

But . . . I should have known, since I didn't have to lie down after today's drill . . . gotta dig deeper next time.

I think this WOD is an absolute keeper!

Dave