CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 05-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #1
David Wood

Profile:

Yeah, the reason these "motivate full hip extension" is that you can't breathe very well while you're down there!

I tend to "belly breathe" a lot under exertion (inhale by pulling down with the diaphragm muscle, which requires distending the belly outward . . . gets a nice full inhalation, particularly in the lower lobes of the lungs) . . . but I can't do this very well when I'm crouched down with my chest against thighs and knees up near the shoulders!

I think you get "full hip extension" because it feels SOOOO good to stand all the way up and breathe again . . . and you're right, Coach, it sure made the 10 seconds rest seem pretty long (as I slowly run out of oxygen and fade to black).

Dave
Old 05-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #2
Nick Cole

Profile:  
Ha ha me too, my legs kept cramping at the bottom as well it was agony :happy:.

When I read the workout first time I thought 'oh great the rest seems longer might be an easy day', not the case tho.