CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 03-24-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
Benji Whitehead

Profile:
Deadlift - Burning Sensation

Two weeks ago on my last set of deadlifts (365 lbs) I felt a burning sensation in my abs a few inches below and to the right of my belly button. I thought my belt had pinched me and didn't think about it again. Last week was a deload week so I didn't lift anything heavy. Yesterday I deadlifted again and on my heaviest set (325 lbs) I felt the burning sensation again so I stopped. I dropped the weight to 225 and did a couple of reps...no burn. I guess it's not a hernia. I've never had one but I would think it would be immediate pain and noticeable. I poked around in that area and don't feel anything and it isn't hurting today either. I'm going to avoid heavy deadlifts for a couple of weeks and do more planks, etc. in the meantime. This doesn't happen with squats so I'll keep on keeping on with those. Anybody else had this or heard of it?