CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 10-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
Bart Adins

Profile:
Soft tissue or stretching?

I've been into strength training for quite some years and although I was never very flexible, I feel that things only got worse throughout the years. Starting yoga was very confronting for me because it showed how incredibly stiff I am. This combined with some injuries that kept coming back (lower back & knee) made me change my training.

I started doing a lot more dynamic and static stretching combined with yoga about 5 months ago. I gained a great deal of flexibility but felt that soft tissue work could help me further. Watching a lot of mwod videos, Kelly became a hero to me and taught me so much. I've been experimenting with a tennis ball and thestick that I bought awhile ago and it just feels great.

I realise that a combination of both stretching and soft tissue work will lead to the best results. But I am struggling a bit with the planning of both. Because I am tight just about everywhere, I spend 45 minutes on soft tissue work from my feet till my first rib the past mornings and thereby didn't do any stretching. Something in me tells me that certain people would benefit more from stretching whereas others would benefit more from soft tissue work.

I would like to hear some advice to organise everything because I learned so many cool things but I can't spend two hours every day on mobility and I feel like prioritising certain body parts is dangerous as I have problems in so many areas. How do you identify which one of both you need most and how do you program both into your weekly schedule? Which ones do you do morning, pre & post-workout or evening?
Old 04-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #2
Bart Adins

Profile:
Re: Soft tissue or stretching?

I am cleaning my internet presence and would like to have this post deleted as well as my account deleted.

Thakn you
Old 04-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #3
Bart Adins

Profile:

Does anyone know who to contact for this?
Old 04-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
Christopher Morris

Profile:

You can look in the technical support section of the forum to see that several people ask for their posts and account to be deleted, and the admins rarely do it.

If you have a compelling reason for your account to be deleted and posts removed, then click the yellow triangle and explain your reasons to the moderators. "Cleaning your internet presence" may not be reason enough.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:14 PM   #5
mike vinson

Profile:

Cool thread, I'd like to hear some thoughts on it...I do mwod everyday but probably should do more.