CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #1
Richard Colon

Profile:
Lower leg/knee not firing well?

I'm just fishin' for some suggestions and opinions. When I squat or hit any movement below parallel it feels like my lower left leg isn't firing. I had recent extensive tissue work on my calves and there were super tight. It felt better but the issue is still there, even within 24hrs after the tissue work.

My overall strength is the same, especially in big squats like Back Squat, etc (recently hit 400) but I only feel good with A LOT of warm-up. Right now, if I even try and sit at the bottom of a pistol while holding anything to help stand up, once I start the movement to come out of the bottom it just feels nervy. Its strange. It doesn't fire well but I can move through it. Somewhere, it feels like the knee and I dont know, maybe soleus, gastroc or maybe even VMO all tries to pick up and engage and it feels weak. Other than shoulder injury, I have no injury, no specific time or movement when it started, etc.

Again, I'm still strong, as with a 10 minute warm-up I can DL 400+, BS 315 for easy reps, alternate single leg lunge with 185, do high box jumps, run, this and that (glutes feel ok and strong, hams ok, low back, erectors, hip flexors,) ..but until I get it all moving with A LOT of reps, standing up from sitting on the floor and things just shut off...

thank you!
Old 04-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Lower leg/knee not firing well?

Possibilities include quad or patella tendinitis from doing too many squats or lunges. Classic story of tendonitis is that things take a while to loosen up but when it does it feels good. The pain then comes back that night or next day. Usually modifying activities and allowing the tendonitis to heal is all that is necessary.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Richard Colon

Profile:
Re: Lower leg/knee not firing well?

thank you Sean