CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
Frank Menendez

Profile:
it's been approx 3 weeks since i started the zone, and after much persuasion from everyone I lowered my blocks to 20 (4-4-4-4-4), and yes, i've lose some weight and maybe some water rentention?

my waist has never been smaller and I love it, but my arms, forearms, calves all went down a bit too...

I'd love to keep my waist the same as well as continue lowering my body fat% but will I start gaining some lean muscle anytime soon? i know..im being impatient
Old 02-08-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Jerry D. Stephenson

Profile:  
Frank: The Zone will definitely lower your % Bodyfat. In doing that, you will lose fat wherever it exists, including your arms and legs. When I first started CF about 5 months ago, I was about 205 and this morning I was 192. I was in decent shape when I started, but my metabolic conditioning has gone up dramatically, and my Bodyfat percentage has gone down a lot. What I've noticed the most is how different I look, and I've been told that by friends and family as well. Don't worry so much about losing size; I'm sure you're not losing muscle if you're eating enough.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Jerry D. Stephenson

Profile:  
After reading your other post about losing too much, I agree you need to up your blocks and fat intake.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Frank Menendez

Profile:
Yes, i am definitely going to boost my blocks + 2 more, wait a few weeks and boost my fat if needed. This should help me...

A few questions;

1. When someone says they are doing 20 blocks and X3 fat, does that mean they are doing the extra fat for every meal or can I increase fat in one meal and make that one say:

Meal 2: 5 blocks, X3 fat

2. I'm also assuming when someone says X3 that means 15 blocks of fat for that meal right? X(whatever number of blocks you are doing for that meal)times 3 = 15
Old 02-08-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
Nick Cummings

Profile:

Frank, I understand the fat multiplier to be a daily not per meal multiplier. So if I am eating X2 fat with my 25 blocks then I am eating 10 blocks of fat at each of my five 5 block meals.