CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Kiel Harvey

Profile:
DAY 2 Workout

Hey Everyone,

I just did my first official day of "Crossfit". Did Cindy, 16 rounds + 5 Pullups and 5 Pushups. Felt great, definitely struggled on the pull-ups as I don't know how to Kip yet. They were just regular pull-ups.

Anyways I'm feeling good and looking for something to do tomorrow! Any recommendations for a day after Cindy workout would be great!

I was thinking maybe something like 500m run, 20 double unders 5x or something more metabolic conditioning like that but I'm up for anything.

Only issue is I work out from home (far from a gym) with a couple 25lbs dumbbells, some wrist strap on weights and a pull-up bar. Sadly thats all the equipment I have for now.

Thanks for the input!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
Michael A. Jones

Profile:
Re: DAY 2 Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiel Harvey View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just did my first official day of "Crossfit". Did Cindy, 16 rounds + 5 Pullups and 5 Pushups. Felt great, definitely struggled on the pull-ups as I don't know how to Kip yet. They were just regular pull-ups.

Anyways I'm feeling good and looking for something to do tomorrow! Any recommendations for a day after Cindy workout would be great!

I was thinking maybe something like 500m run, 20 double unders 5x or something more metabolic conditioning like that but I'm up for anything.

Only issue is I work out from home (far from a gym) with a couple 25lbs dumbbells, some wrist strap on weights and a pull-up bar. Sadly thats all the equipment I have for now.

Thanks for the input!
Kiel,

I'd suggest something along the lines of:

6 RFT
30 DU
30 DB hang cleans
10 pull ups.....Just an idea.

Go through the 'Equipment' sub forum for some homemade ideas to get more stuff to WOD with.

Regards,

Michael
Old 02-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Tommy Sittinger

Profile:
Re: DAY 2 Workout

Try Khalipa's hotel wod - 100 hang squat clean thrusters for time, EMOM do five burpees. Sts rt with the thrusters. He used 35# bells, and finished just shy of ten or eleven minutes IIRC.

Also, try renegade man makers, 50 reps (or more) for time - one rep = push-up, renegade row l/r, clean, front squat (seperate movements, not a squat clean), push press