CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Andrew Burry

Profile:
GSP vs. Condit

GSP means business.

The UFC hype machine has done a great job with the Primetime episodes again for this matchup, but really, is there anyone who believes Condit stands a chance? Carlos is readily admitting he is going to spend most of the fight on his back, GSP has an honorary black belt from Renzo.. this one is in the books. Bring on Anderson.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: GSP vs. Condit

Silva-GSP is not a good fight for Either of them, especially now that Jones has come into his own.
But it looks like Silva won't take that fight.
Too bad.

Yes, even though GSP has been laid off due to injury, I can't imagine him losing to Condit. I really like Condit, but I just don't see him winning unless he gets lucky and catches GSP with a KO blow, and there's always that chance in just about any fight.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Pearse Shields

Profile:

That was a hell of a fight, it's a long time since I've seen GSP looking so motivated and energetic during rounds. Condit put on a great show.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Ian Nigh

Profile:

Much respect for both fighters, I was very happy to see GSP's reaction to almost loosing and immediately slamming Condit with his best takedown of the fight. Wonder why they did not show that in the replays? This is one UFC main event that lived up to the hype.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Big fan of both guys...I missed the fight unfortunately as I was laid up sick Sat night. Sounds like it was a good one

I believe Silva wrecks GSP...You can tell Georges wants no part of it
Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Todd Angel

Profile:

I enjoyed the fight as well. I thought condit was going to shock the world in the 3rd LOL. I have beeing hearing the Silva.St. Pierre speculation, but hs it been broached about Silva/Jones? I think that match-up would actually present Silva with some problems....
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
I believe Silva wrecks GSP...You can tell Georges wants no part of it
I agree and don't blame GSP at all for not wanting the fight. If he fights Silva and get's KO'ed then what? GSP will then be the guy who had been fighting weaker fighters and was never really that good. None of that is true of course but the general fan would think that.

There really isn't anything in it for GSP. Also, if Condit can land strikes like he did on GSP, think about what A. Silva would do to him.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship View Post
I agree and don't blame GSP at all for not wanting the fight. If he fights Silva and get's KO'ed then what? GSP will then be the guy who had been fighting weaker fighters and was never really that good. None of that is true of course but the general fan would think that.

There really isn't anything in it for GSP. Also, if Condit can land strikes like he did on GSP, think about what A. Silva would do to him.
I agree...Silva has proven he can beat 205'ers (even if they were not elite guys and no, I don't consider Forrest Griffin elite even though he held the belt and beat a fat, out of shape Rua...sorry, never been a fan of Griffin) and he has decimated everyone at 185. He is a bad-*** and would KO Georges. Georges cannot hurt him standing (I believe Silva has one of the best chins in the game) and he cannot submit him. Yes, he could take Silva down but i'm not convinced he can keep him there or do any damage.

Georges is not BJ Penn...in that i mean Penn will fight anyone. I respect that but Georges is also better than Penn and more dedicated and has a goal to dominate 170 for as long as he fights. Moving up to 185 and getting flat lined will ruin Georges. If he was going to go up to 185, he should do it for good and fight a couple of other 185'ers to see how he would do.

Personally, I'd like to see Rashad Evans drop to 185 and fight Silva. That would be a cool fight
Old 11-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Plomchok View Post
Personally, I'd like to see Rashad Evans drop to 185 and fight Silva. That would be a cool fight
At first glance it sounds good but Rashad would get wrecked. All Rashad is going to do to Silva is fight him like he did Rampage. Set up the shot, take him down, try to hold him there and wash & repeat about 30 times. Silva would end up pulling out the descision.

On the other topic of GSP. I hope he doesn't take that fight regardless of the pay. Nothing good comes out of that for him.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Kevin E Brown

Profile:

I want GSP vs. Hendricks. Johny may get lucky and catch him with that heavy left he has.