CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #411
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Friday morning and both of us woke up a little earlier today. So before we could start anything today we had to take care of the wifes cuts on her hands from her fall yesterday. Plasters to cover the cuts and then rock tape. She was very impressed with that and she had no problem the whole session . Thought it was a good time for a partner workout.

Warm up
active stretch for 5 min or so..
1 min C2 rower while the other runs lengths of gym - 4 rounds.
must run at least 8 lengths per min (160m) wife did 9 at most and i did 11.

Partner workout 5x4min AMRAPS with 3min rest between. One of us rested while the other worked... must touch to handover.

1st AMRAP - DU's/SU's
Result 156 DU's for me and 356 SU's for the wife. total 512

Rest

2nd AMRAP - sit ups
Result 62 for me and 40 for the wife. total 102

Rest

3rd AMRAP - Row for meters
Result 694for me and 614 for the wife. total 1308

Rest

4th AMRAP - KB swings 20/12kgs
Result 62 for me and 60 for the wife. total 122

Rest

5th AMRAP - Wall balls 9/4kgs
Result 63 for me and 45 for the wife. total 108

This was allot of fun but with hardly any chat apart from during the rest period. Felt like a good allround workout and we had a good sweat on. I am trying more and more to push the limit to work on my engine but also being smart at the same time and i think this is getting better.

Just to point something out we never and i mean never have any bro reps, so sometimes it feels that things take time but that is because we work on quality 100% of the time. When we get tired we stop, breath, compose ourselfs and then continue. Why bother cheating ourselfs... if your gonna do then do it right.

Cool down
Stretch for 15min or so and clear up our mess.

That was that for us... have a great weekend.... back Monday

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-20-2017 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:01 AM   #412
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and feeling great. Had a great weekend to recoup and worked for 5 hours on Saterday cleaning up the forest on our land by removing shrubs and cutting down trees to help it grow better in the future.

Put a plan toegtehr yesterday and it was all based on strenght and nothing else... no engine work today.

Warm up for 2 rounds just to get th eblood flowing
20/40 Du/Su
500m C2 row
20/40 Du/Su

Resistance bands to work on shoulders and then start to warm up on the first movment for today.

Strenght

[B]Bench press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3[/b] or as far as you want to take it.
Me - 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 95kgs/209lbs x3
Wife - 25, 30, 35, 38, 40, 42kg/92lbs x2 new PR for reps at this weight

Strict weighted pull ups - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 or as far as you want to take it.
Wife went assisted with a resistance band across the rack and to make it harder she lowered it from one height to another.
Me - 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16kgs/53lbs x 3
Wife - 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3

Shoulder to overhead - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 or as far as you want to take it.
Me - 40, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80kgs/176lbs x 3 PB for me
Wife - 20, 25, 30, 35kgs/77lbs x 3 PB again

Cool down
simple stretch for 15min

A good day today as i did not think it would go so well.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-23-2017 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:26 AM   #413
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tired Tuesday be no more... both slept well and ready to go this morning. Normally takes 45min for the body to really wake up but feeling good today, no sore muscles today for either of us.

Yesterday we missed one of our movements so that was added to todays work out. Focus on quality today.

Warm up 4 rounds each
1 min on the rower at a comfortable pace to get the blood flowing
while the other stretched using a PVC pipe and resistance band to get the shoulders and upper back going.

For today
For me- EMOMx10 = 2 muscle ups. total was 14 this week, first 5 EMOMS were fine and then i got a little tired and took a longer rest to make sure i hit them, improvement by 3 reps from last week.

The wife - 10min AMRAP ring pulls in sets of 5 with 15 second break in between sets. total 14 sets.

From yesterday

Dead lift - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 or as far as you want to take it.

For me - 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 100, 120, 130, 140kgs/308lbs x3 felt good all the way. Best and heaviest lift for a while.

The wife - 35, 45, 55, 65, 70, 75, 80kgs/176lbs x3 new PR for reps

Short easy EMOMx5 to raise the pulse a little.
5 T2B
15 Du's or 30 SU's

Cool down

Stretch and mobility for 20min.

Nice and simple today, felt good all the way.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:43 AM   #414
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and all by myself , the wife is going to work from home today and she decided to take the day off from the gym. Now the good thing about that is i can whatever i want , so i did.

First thing today was to test the new app i loaded to my ipad - Iron Path Pro filmed a friend and then we could see the barbell path in the movements. Worked really well and we could clearly see what was going on in the snatch, C&J and squat. Try it out, they have a free version too.

Warm up
now with the plan i had for today i basically warmed up with everything i was planning to do plus some stretching and mobility. At the same time i was setting everything up so this took 20min or so in total. Good warm up and body felt nimble.

My plan for today EMOM35
The idea is just to keep moving for 35min at a nice even pace not going to max at all. Just an all round BW wod. The flow of the movments was in a good order which helped.

1-5 min = 10 cal row
6-10 min = 10 sit ups
11-15 min = 10 air squats
16-20 min = 25 DU's
21-25 min = 8 push ups
26-30min = 6 lengths of gym run (total 120m)
31-35min = 8 pull ups

Rest 2 min

1 round of each movment for time - 2.14

Now maybe a year or so ago i would have thought this was tough but today it is no problem. I could have made it tougher by adding r eps to each movement but that was not the goal for today.

Cool down
Did some stretching for 15min or so while i clean up my mess and then helped a friend out with a shoulder mobility problem, showed him a few things and helped him through them to get the feeling and now he has a plan.

Thats it for today... back tomorrow... first ever coach session for HSPU. Oh and the most important... the wife is back
Old 01-27-2017, 02:10 AM   #415
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and up @ 05.00 as i have a coaching session at 06.15, i think this is the earliest this guy has ever been at the gym .

The guy Martin is a gym coach but also a parkour athlete with more than 10 years experience which also meant he has fantastic body control, so based on his credentials is the only reason i booked him. Really nice guy.

Warm up
prior to the coaching session general warm up for back and shoulders and worked on mobility a little.

Coach Martin
General chit chat about ourselfs and background of experience as so on. Went through what i wanted to achieve and how far i have come so far. From there we started, then he took over. Now the good thing is that this was 2 way communication.

Mobility - check on my mobility, body control and stability.
Then we stretched, used a hard ball on those tough spots and supermans for a X amount of time for X number of time and also going back to check the mobility.

Now the key to this was the superman hold for the top position in the HSPU and we went though different things to achieve the correct feeling on the floor and the correct squeaze of my core then upper body to my feet.

Onto actually getting on my hands, now this has been the biggest problem for me and feeling unsafe, but we went trough a few things like hand position, head position from start and what i need to do in what position to make the transition from floor to handstand position. So before i actually made my first attempt we had probably worked for 35min on the fundamentals and then it was time.

OMG...... how easy it all became and how damn stable i was on my hands. I stod on my hands for 15-30 seconds on a number of times. Felt great getting up and down, solid at the top and did not feel anything in my shoulders. Of course there are a few more things to work on while against the wall but that was down to me having stiff lats today.

So all in all i am very pleased with the whole thing, going to keep practicing this, maybe do it at home too this weekend, just need to find a wall. On the whole i improved by 100%.

The most important thing now is that i now what i need to work on and i have a plan to only get better.. hopefully my HSPU soon.

OH and hats off to Martin, well worth it and a great coach.

The Wife
The wife did her own thing today, i saw here darting around the gym doing different things and kept away from me today so i can't really say what she did and did not do... i know she hit the tradmill and did some KB swings at the end.... everything else between i have no idea.

Cool down
chat and stretch, mobility for 15min.

So this week was a good week, both looking forward to next week

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-27-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #416
Alex Burden

Profile:

Saturday and Sunday... handstand against a wall at home.

20 vertical holds each day for between 10-20 seconds. On some of the stands I would simulate a strict HSPU but only the first 2-3 inches to get the feeling.

very pleased with the progress, just to keep on at it... 4 weeks to hit my first.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:36 AM   #417
Alex Burden

Profile:

Bollocks...... this is the second time i need to write this, I was almost done... closed the webpage by accident, this really Pi#&d me off.
Monday morning and a little tired as the wife woke me up about 02.00 this morning. She slept bad and was quite tired this morning. So last week I had pre-planned almost the whole week for this week, today was snatch but then I thought why not start to repeat the open workouts… so 15.1 and 15.1a were booked in.

Warm up
1k C2 rower
Squats, shoulder presses, stretch and mobility for 20min to prepare for the snatch.

Snatch
Wife – high elbows, hang power snatches, into hang squat snatches. Her head was not there today, not as sharp but she did do well. We all have up and down days and this was that one. On the bright side she hit 25kgs which is a new PR for her.

Me – hang squat snatches into full snatches. Worked up from the barbell to 40, 50 and 60kgs. A little off in my technique today and we could clearly see the problem in the Iron Path Pro application. My first pull over my knees was off which affected everything else. Fixed that and things were way better. I did notice I was tired in my shoulders today and that is due to my handstands over the weekend. did not go any heavier as we had 15.1 waiting for us. In total 30-35min.

WORKOUT 15.1
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 9 minutes of:
15 toes-to-bars
10 deadlifts (52kgs/115lbs)
5 snatches (52kgs/115lbs)

Modified Scaled for the wife
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 9 minutes of:
15 hanging knee raises
10 deadlifts (22kgs/48lbs)
5 hang power snatches* (22kgs/48lbs) modified snatch instead of ground to overhead.

WORKOUT 15.1a (6-minute time cap)
1-rep-max clean and jerk

Results WORKOUT 15.1
Wife – 3 rounds + 28reps = total 118reps
Me – 3 rounds + 1rep = Total 91reps (major improvement for me as i went RX)

Results WORKOUT 15.1a
Wife – 37kgs/81lbs
Me – 87kgs/191lbs (2kg/4lbs improvment)

I really did not have any expectations today but going RX was the plan and i could only go as far as i could. i am pleased with the result even though the hardest part for me is the T2B, just hate them.
First time for the wife and despite being tired and a little off she did really well. She surprised herself too

Cool Down
clean up our crap and stretch for 20min

What started out as a tired day turned out to be quite good.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-30-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #418
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Great job on attacking the weaknesses Alex!
Old 01-31-2017, 01:29 AM   #419
Alex Burden

Profile:

Oh today is really tired Tuesday... Sh#T i was tired and sore this morning, slept quite badly which did not help either. As usual this is not going to stop us, get up, get ready and do as best we can. Wife was in a good mood this morning and making fun of me too.. cracking jokes .

Warm up
Allot of shoulders and back with pvc pipe and resistance bands and then a general warm up with what was to come.

Repeat from last week but wife is going to do it too.
So i did this last week and it was not hard, good allround for the body and keeps the pulse at a nice even pace. Slight difference for me this week as i am increasing the reps by 25% in total.

EMOM35
1-5 min = 10/8 cal row
6-10 min = 15/10 sit ups
11-15 min = 15/10 air squats
16-20 min = 30 DU's/60SU's
21-25 min = 10/10 push ups
26-30min = 6 lengths of gym run (total 120m)
31-35min = 10/5 pull ups

First number are my reps and second number the wife's.
total reps me 480 (380 last week), wife 545

I think the hardest part this week was the final pull ups but its a good way to finish it all off. Wife was really pleased and thought the idea was good.

Cool down
Stretch for 20min while i coached a friend in pull ups.

All done for today... Oh apart from hand stands this evening... back Thursday as usual.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:32 AM   #420
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
Great job on attacking the weaknesses Alex!
Have to Vic, small steps in the right direction. Get it right from the start and the rest is easy. Strong foundation and build on the rest.