CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-09-2016, 05:59 AM   #341
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Friday morning, was out late last night and the food did not sit well at 2 O'clock this morning.... bad food or something i only drant juice so it was not that.

Anyway, got up and was still going to workout.. but keep it simple.

warm up
a few different things to get the body going and then a stretch.

21-15-9
Row for calories
Run lenghts of gym (20m)
Dead lifts: wife 21@40kgs, 15@50kgs, 9@60kgs, me 21@60kgs, 15@90kgs, 9@120kgs

no time limit, just get it done.

Wife moved onto back extentions and some core work.

I moved on to some split jerk technique only using 40kgs from the rack. Focus was using a wider grip and wide stance. This went really well and i became very explosive plus we also noticed that i was alble to catch the bar 12" lower than normal. This should help later when the weights get heavy. I also focus on the sound of my feet when they find their position.. if i could not hear them hit the final position or not. So i was pleased..

Then the next thing HSPU, i have never been able to do these but i also need to be able to stand on my hands which i could never do. So to overcome this and get close to a hand stand againt the wall i did the following:

1 - started with abmat on floor and had my head touching it. kneeling
2 - worked out how much energy i needed to get in the vertical positon
3 - repeated this maybe 20 times
4 - put a 20kg bumper under the abmat and repeated this again maybe 15 times.
know i was getting comfortable getting up and down.
5 - added a secound bumper and repeated this 10 times... still from kneeling position
in this position i am only a couple of inches from having strait arms...
6 added a thinnner weight and did the same thing 5 times.. not kneeling anymore.
now my arms are 95% extented and it feels as if i am goign strait into the correct position even if i have my head on the mat.
next week i will repeat this at this height and then repeat the same procedure again but from the standing position...

Goal it to be able to reach top position and hold it for 15-20 seconds numerous times. once i am comfortable with this i will attempt my first HSPU.... not easy when i weigh 100kgs/220lbs but that the fun of it....

and that was that for this week.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:14 AM   #342
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning.... did nothing over the weekend apart from working on the house. Wife has been unwell since Friday... very tired and a cold that won't break out. This morning she was allot better but she was going to do her own thing.

Wife,
She did her thing, walked for 7k on the treadmill and then some core work. Just took it easy at a very easy pace. Then she stretched for 15min.

Me - Warm up
4min on the rower at a nice easy pace, no problem to complete 1000m.

Snatch
So a little bit of a change today where i stretched and worked on mobility allot more today than usual prior to hitting snatch, roughly 25min. Then the plan was not to lift as many times, quality not quantity today.

My PR is 70kgs

Then onto the snatch then... and boy was i rusty today!!!

Barbell work first x 15 reps
3 x 3 x 40kgs hang snatch
4 x 40kgs snatch
4 x 50kgs
4 x 60kgs 2 fails then 4 good lifts, technique rusty but getting better with each rep.
5 x 65kgs all fails
5 x 65kgs 3 of them were ok but the final 2 were the best but can be way better. Very unsure getting under the bar and i was thinking way to much.

65kgs is 93% of my 1RM which is not bad and i have never completed 5 reps at this weight before. I think i will hit snatch again tomorrow.

Then onto:
Bar muscle up technique and then 10 singles, felt ok.

Then:
K2C 6 x 10reps

Cool down:

stretch for 10min.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:16 AM   #343
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and a little sore but feeling great. Wife is still not 100%, somewhat tired but she has her own plan for today.

Wife
She did her own thing on the treadmill. Intervals with low to moderate intensity. In total 7k in 40min.

She came down to where i was (2 floors at the gym) and did some rowing mixed with KB swings. Some ab work and then stretched for 15min.

She mentioned she was getting tired quite easy and she kept it all under control, not going to far.

For me then
60 cal on the rower just to get the heart a little warmed up. Then i warmed up with all of the exercises i had planned to work on. This took 15min or so.

So for today then: EMOM40
Not to much stress at all, basically keep the body going for 40min. no big numbers involved and allot of rest inbetween. Sort of go through the body day.

Min 1-5 = 5x Pull ups
Min 6-10 = 5x Squats 50kgs, start from the floor
Min 11-15 = 5x T2B
Min 16-20 = 5x Wallballs 10kg
Min 21-25 = 5x S2O 50kgs, start from floor
Min 26-30 = 10x Box jumps 24"
Min 31-35 = 10x KB swings 20kgs
Min 36-40 = 10x Push ups

i think i should have increased the numbers on a few of the movments at the start, so i will chnage this the next time i try it.

Cool down
go old stretch for 10min...

and that was that
Old 09-15-2016, 01:56 AM   #344
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and a little tired... slept really deep last night so took 10min to really wake up, same for the wife.... she looked like the walking dead this morning and having a bad hair day

So --- came up with an idea yesterday 1RM, put it all to test...

Warm up

60 cals or 1000m on the rower, then a good warm up with want we going to work on but we were not allowed to user more weight than the barbell otherwise it defeats the challenge, stretch and mobility at the same time.

45 min clock to reach a 1RM in squat, OHS and DL
15min time limit on each movement in the above order.

So little info first:
Wife 1RM PR's
Squat - 60kgs/132lbs
OHS - 22kgs/48lbs
DL - 92kgs/202lbs

My 1RM PR's as a master
Squat - 140kgs/308lbs
OHS - 82.2kgs/181lbs
DL - 175kgs/385lbs

And the results are in:
Wife 1RM
Squat - 53kgs/116lbs
OHS - 23kgs/50lbs PR by 2lbs
DL - 93kgs/204lbs PR by 2lbs

Wife did an amazing job and she was more than pleased with that. Her final DL flew up and now she has a goal of 100kgs/220lbs by the end of the year.

My 1RM
Squat - 135kgs/297lbs
OHS - 80kgs/176lbs
DL - 160kgs/352lbs

I was really pleased with my squats, felt really solid. A touch unstable in the locked position in the OHS up to 70kgs but then i was fine, also a good solid lift. DL was good but i got tired towards the end, 160 was not a big problem but 165 i just did not really try for some reason.

So today was a good test and a lot of fun.. not allot of talking.. we never had the time.. just cheering each other on when things got heavy.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #345
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and all good. Had a plan from last night... And we are keeping to it.

Simple warm up to get the heart going a little: 4 rounds
1 1/2 min on the rower while the other jogged/ran 10 lengths of the gym (200m). Alternate.

Stretch a little.

Back
8x8 DB rows on raised bench 12/24kgs

Strict pull ups (wife assisted)
2 seconds up and 2 seconds down.
Wife did 1 then I did 1. Continue until one of us fails... Both got to 7

2 sets of Amrap pull ups, wife 12+14 me 12+16... I actually stopped on the first set just to let the wife feel good.

The wife moved onto some core work.

I did the following 21-15-9 Burpees over the bar. 1 min rest between each round. 5.42 not bad and my technique was better.

The I moved onto some core work.

An easy cool down and that was that.

We are both taking next week off for a bit of R&R
Old 09-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #346
Alex Burden

Profile:

Just got back from a week in Mallorca, Spain with the wife.

Nothing better than R&R...

Drank a few beers, sangria and a few cocktails... And ate some amazing food.

We worked out 1 day only at the hotel gym for 1.5hrs - row, squat, S2O, cleans and some core work.

We walked an awful lot every day, I would say on average 10k and we rented bikes for a day and did 20k on them.

So the body feels great and I weigh exactly the same as when I left 7 days ago, funny thing is I thought I might have put on a kilo or so but I never did.

So looking forward to tomorrow and getting back to business.

Wife had a great time and I really took care of her there and did whatever she wanted.

We actually met in Mallorca 26 years ago and we are still as happy now as we were back then
Old 09-26-2016, 01:36 AM   #347
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and boy were we tired!!! so today it is back to business with a little easier partner workout... Every other we called it.

No real warm up today, we stretched a little and set up what i planned. Moved around a little to get the feel of things.

Every Other Rep - partner workout no time limit or anything.
i did the first rep then the wife did the next.. we could only continue once the rep was completed. Nice easy pace all the way through. This is bit of an all round workout. The total reps are shared between us... 30= 15 reps each

30 - Shuttle runs (40m) + 1 burpee
30 - S2O 10/30kgs
30 - Airsquats
30x10/20 - DU's & SU's
30 - Power cleans 25/50kgs
30x100m - Row
30 - pull ups
30 - Box jumps 20/24"
30 - T2B
30 - Sit ups

Can't believe how much we sweated this morning... all that beer was coming out.

Cool down
Stretch for 15min or so..

good start the week and it can only get better.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:11 AM   #348
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning - wife is tired... being back at work is never good after a vacation. The idea was to keep it simple today.

Warm up 20 rounds
Jog 2 lengths of gym (40m) then 2 burpees.

One of us running at a time, as soon as run was done the other could start his/her run, while the burpees are completed. This gave us about 2-5 seconds rest between the rounds.

light stretch and general mobility

Simple - Core
8x5 strict K2E + med Ball Leg Lifts with 2 or 6kgs med ball.
8x5 sit ups
8x5 sit ups with med ball 4 or 6kgs.
8x8 sit ups where first rep is with med ball second without. (1rep give ball to partner who holds ball, complete sit up without mad ball, when you reach the top you grab the med ball and complete new sit up with med ball).
1 set Max reps sit ups as above.
Wife did 46 with 3kgs and i stopped at 129 with a 6kg because i was in the zone and felt i could keep going for ages. Next time i will use the 10kg med ball so i actually hit that dark zone.

10 x 8 strict back extensions
3 x 12 strict back extensions
3 x 15 strict back extensions

I went on to work on my handstand technique for 15min. Trying some small things to see what is best and more stable. I was tired towards the end but it felt good. I will keep working on this the coming months and hopefully complete my first HSPU but only once i am confident on my hands.

Cool down
stretch for 20min

a good day today....
Old 09-29-2016, 01:24 AM   #349
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning, not bright and early as it is pitch black outside.. winter is closing in on us. Nice to have a rest yesterday but it does no change our plans for today. Technique and then a WOD.

Warm up
We warmed up differently today as the wife had her plan i had mine for technique today. Allot of mobility work especially shoulders, i also warmed up with bench dips, pull ups, bar muscle ups.
Wife warmed up her legs more, got hips going and S2O position.

Technique
Wife: C&J 30min no heavy weight 25kgs - she wanted to work on breaking it down, testing a new slightly wider grip 1-2" wider plus faster elbows. Started ok then progressed to wider grip, she could feel the difference and the fact that it was easier to drive the elbows under the bar. S2O was also very sharp, quick and with the wider grip she could get under the bar easier. difference between first pull and second pull was not good so i gave her a couple of things to do to help the flow and she could see and feel the difference.

It will take time for her to put the changes into place. Very pleased with that.

For me: Muscle ups and handstand against wall 20min and 10min
I have not done any MU's for 3 weeks or so and i thought it was time to hit them again. Focus- nice smooth pull from the start and a controlled transition, no kip from the bottom to get up. I probarbly did 10-12 singles. I changed my false grip position on the rings to see if it made a difference (i think i was holding it a little high before). I had some really good reps where it felt really good, so smooth. I would complete a rep, rest a while and evaluate about what i did, how it felt and if i could repeat it the exact same way, did i need to change anything. Having the same routine is so important from start to finish as without consistancy it is hard to get anywhere. Had 1 no rep which was the last rep...

Handstand - I am now moving from having my head on an abmat to now having strait arms. worked on hand position from wall and width to find what was comfortable. A little tired after the MU's which did make it a little harder. What i did notice was that i did not push with my legs hard enough to reach that vertical position. Once up it was not that bad, i think it will take a few more tries before i work out how much force i need to apply to get up. Still very pleased with today considering i only started doing this a short while back... its a little harder when you weigh 100kgs/220lbs.

Final WOD for 5 rounds not for time.
Calorie row stays the same during all rounds, reps increse by 2 after each round from 2, 4, 6, 8, 10reps. Use the same barbell for DL and S2O so we needed to strip weight and add it back.

10 calorie row
2 - Burpees
2 - DL 75kgs/40kgs
2 - S2O 35kgs/20kgs
2 - Pull ups

this got the pulse up.... on the last round i forgot the burpees and completed the DL, so i had to go back and the redo the DL.... still beat the wife though

Cool down
15-20 min stretch

and that was that
Old 09-30-2016, 12:54 AM   #350
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and wife is in a really good mood and laughing, or should i say cracking up , she had some crazy dream about a well know person and i asked her... is he now your BFF.... weird things happen when you dream..

Anyway, back to business... put a plan together yesterday, the wife agreed on it...

Warm up
Jog for 10min
stretch and mobility based on what was to come.

The Plan EMOM30
Tried to plan this so that we were on the move for around 30 seconds.

Minute 1-5 Row for calories wife 8/ me 12

Minute 6-10 10 wallballs 4/9kgs

Minute 11-15 10 pull ups/ring pulls

Minute 16-20 10 squats 20/40kgs

Minute 21-25 10 KB swings 16/24kgs

Minute 26-30 10 Box jumps 16/24"

Felt really good today and almost as if things are becoming a little easier

Cool Down
stretch for 15min

Last edited by Alex Burden : 09-30-2016 at 01:11 AM.