CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
Scott McAndrews

Profile:

I was away from the Crossfit world for awhile on a road trip. When I returned, it felt like I'd entered a completely new world and not one that was positive. What I'd always appreciated about the Crossfit message board was the comraderie, support, and open nature of the dialogs that went on. People who felt they had found effective techniques for improving fitness shared them. Those who disagreed with each other did so respectfully and either tried to find a common ground or agreed to disagree and moved on. For awhile that seemed to go out the window because of the negitivity of a few people. I want to thank all the members who avoided the negitivity and Coach, Lauren and those who are now moderating the board for working to bring back the positive feel that made this board one of my favorites on the net.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Geoff Sample

Profile:

Just a question, and absolutely not to start any controversy - with this new moderation system, I presume members would be banned for conduct deemed untoward by the council.

I was recently contacted via private email by a member I've conversed with who thinks he's been banned.

Would a banned person be informed of his/her status, and the reason? I mean, with the limitations of a discussion board, it could be easy to come across a lot differently than one means to. Is there some kind of warning so that a person has a chance at contrition? Or a probationary period so that someone could come to his senses?

I know this is a difficult task, but since it's a pretty new development, I thought I'd ask.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:42 PM   #3
Brian Mulvaney

Profile:
Geoff,

Thanks for the concern. If a board member is having trouble accessing the board or is unclear on their status, they need to contact the moderators at board_admin@crossfit.com.

Brian

Old 03-27-2004, 07:45 PM   #4
Geoff Sample

Profile:

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I passed it on.

Geoff