CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-07-2016, 12:56 AM   #1011
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

It's not changed your position but have you noticed a slight change in the top 5 on the leaderboard. I hope if you send in a bad video they then follow it up and review all your other videos, would seem fair.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 05-09-2016, 12:43 AM   #1012
Alex Burden

Profile:

Vic,

are you preparing for the games just in case or have you now gone over to fun mode , working out for the fun of it?

I mean there is always a good chance.

I was actually wondering how late they can actually call you if a position should become vacant.

cheers Alex
Old 05-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #1013
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Scott and Alex,
Thank you for the support. I went into fun mode after the MQ. I have been so injured and lost so much umph power that if I made it unless they gave some wheelhouse workouts I would not get on the podium. So been taking time off and rebuilding. Finding some joy outside of crossfit. I am getting closer with my son doing his passion of skateboarding. I am more hands on with my girlfriend helping with more details around the house and yard projects. Went to visit my daughter and my mother yesterday. I also have plans to open a box next year and help others with some marketing and reaching goals this year.

It has been a release of sorts. WTBS back when the videos started I have a friend who's was just straight out denied. Now they have these % penalties going. Which I think is BS. You either pass or not plain and simple. I think that in my head I am a superstar doing the movements fast, efficient and good. Then I look at the video and think well guess its as good as last year. So each time I have passed.

Now one of the G bros must have failed miserably to get a penalty. I saw another video who's was in the younger division looked bad which was a surprise. Now you have baby G's video failing and with a last place finish in last years games raises an eyebrow to say the least. They should check out the other two also. Might get a pattern. I am not mad just don't think its fair.

Now if Baby G got tossed then I would go. I would take a big gulp of passion and fire to get to the best shape while enjoying life a little bit.

Just the ramblings of a crazy old man.

Good luck Scott. Get strong and keep that motor. If its anything like this years Wodapolloza then its going to be heavy.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #1014
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Friday-
Hip circle, ohs and stretching.

Warm up emom:
Every 2 min
50 dubs
15 kb swings 70#
8 burpees
5 rounds.
4 rounds in 1:30 then final round 1:15

EMOM :30 5 min 1 squat snatch with 1 ohs
155# 75%
Completed felt good and light.

Every :30 seconds 5 strict t2b with towel in between legs

Cool down and stretch.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #1015
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Scott,
Just take it to him at the games. Your skill set is unique and your motivation to crush workouts and take names is high. Keep this killer black hat attitude to the games. Send a message to the rest of the world that Europe is back!

I would love to see that video and others. Might be illumining for sure. But its what it is.

I will be back better than ever with all of this time to rebuild, get a strength base.

I can remember power cleaning 225# 6 per min pace. Got to fill the holes in my game.

Power clean and jerks, dl, 100% effort workouts that are short, MU…

Got a plan and have a good coach to help with the accessory work.

Got to that dark place an stay in it.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #1016
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

I'm totally agreed, it would take a lot for them to give one of the Gs a penalty, i looked for he's video but it's not out there. I'm wondering what they will do with the update show, will they say he got the penalty or not, be interesting seeing as he originally was ahead of Bill.

Everyone I know said if you have one bad video you must send in the rest, would only be fair. Especially to you in your position, makes me furious. It will be very hard for me to be quiet at the games if what we believe will happen occurs. I will have to say something to him.

Glad to see you've taken the positive and are rebuilding. If you don't get in this year I am sure your going to come back stronger next year Vic.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 05-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #1017
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Saturday at CFI team practice.

Warm up, hip circle, squats, stretching, ohs..

Back squat work up to a heavy 5 reps- 45,95,135,185,215,245,275,285. Back feeling better but stopped at the point 10# better than last week.

Hang clean- basically all 5 reps- 45,95,135,155,175,185,195 and 205x7# felt good after a rough start.

Workout #3 team practice
Split up how you want
300 dubs- 100/100/100 each
100 thrusters 115#- 15,15 for me, Kyle 15,15 and Roy 20/20
30 bar muscle ups- 10 kyle, 7 me, Roy 10 then kyle 3.
7:22 we gotta go sub 7 to go well.

Felt really good about the squat, hang clean 205x7 want to get that up to 15 in 4 weeks.. the met con is easy because with 3 people its not heavy enough. But we do the best that we can. Our team is not fast at movements just solid. The other workouts are good for us also. June 4th.

Yesterday we went to visit my mom and made her and my niece breakfast. Then went up to La Verne University to visit my daughter. She is a go getter. 18 units at a private college, babysits, just got a job at a jewelry store.. goes full blast for sure. Good lunch and mall walking.. then chit chat at her apartment.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:13 AM   #1018
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
I'm totally agreed, it would take a lot for them to give one of the Gs a penalty, i looked for he's video but it's not out there. I'm wondering what they will do with the update show, will they say he got the penalty or not, be interesting seeing as he originally was ahead of Bill.

Everyone I know said if you have one bad video you must send in the rest, would only be fair. Especially to you in your position, makes me furious. It will be very hard for me to be quiet at the games if what we believe will happen occurs. I will have to say something to him.

Glad to see you've taken the positive and are rebuilding. If you don't get in this year I am sure your going to come back stronger next year Vic.
So if the penalty is 15% (not sure if that was what he got - The G) what happens if an athlete performs more than 15% of a workout not meeting the standards? will this person still only get a 15% penalty or will they DQ him/her.

If they don't DQ that person then everyone can just wing it to get as many reps or the best time possible and only receive a 15% penalty.

As you noted Scott, this will be the difference between going to the games or not. For some people this is a life long dream and to be cheated out of that because some arse winged his/her way in is a catastrophe for CF and the community. I hope they bring this up next year from the start, clearer and better.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #1019
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Alex yes they should look at all of the Baby G's video's. They might be up for a surprise. Some short reps on thrusters or the hang cleans were not up to snuff.. who knows. Just gotta make sure the carpet matches the drapes.. right?

I was super surprise after watching Shawn Ram's video. I love this guy and he is totally legit but the video got dinged some points.. about 50 or so of them.

For me getting 21st was a good thing. Puts my training and where I am in perspective. 2 seconds, 3# some better MU which i need. Fuels me to get back in it next year and do some real damage.

My back is getting stronger each day. More mobile and better mental techniques. Being basically injured for the better part of 2 years was time for something to give.

I don't see them giving any light to Baby G's missteps and I don't expect to see his video.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #1020
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Monday training- 1 hour session-
Warm up ohs dumbbell, hip circle, stretching.

Squat snatch one arm- 25,40,50,70. Right arm is money. Left arm I can do them but not flowing.

Warm up clean and jerk work up to 90%.
About 12 sets from 135-230# was super easy.
The 230# was the lightest one.

Warm up t2b and thruster-

10,9,8…..3,2,1 135# thruster
1,2,3…8,9,10 t2b.

Gym was busy so had to do the t2b on the fat bar. My hands are still healing so I have my gymnastics grips on. Makes for some tough t2b.

Did the thrusters Un broken and broke up the t2b as needed.
7:55.

Those thrusters are heavy after the 10,9,8 sets.

Air A bike cool down.