CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-22-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
Cal Jones

Profile:
I'm interested in IF but for reasons of convenience it would be far easier and more desirable for me to cut out evening eating than eating during the day due to the fact that a) I am extremely pushed for time during the evenings and would literally have a 1-2 hour window to eat everything and b) I get really, really hungry at work.
Essentially, this means I wouldn't eat between 3pm and 9am the next day. Does anyone else follow this pattern? The issue for me is that I work out during the evenings (hence the lack of time after) so wondered if it's a really, really bad idea not to eat after a workout.
It's just something I'm toying with.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Jordan Glasser

Profile:
From my experience and from what I've read on this message board and the performance menu board is this. First of all experiment and see what works for you. Second, most, including myself haven't had much trouble fasting on strength training days. Meaning, no post workout meal. However, after metcon training, it get's a little trickier. It doesn't work well for me over time. Once or twice I find I feel fine, relatively energetic. But if I continually miss my PWO meal, it's hard to replace my glycogen stores, and I am often left feeling depleted.

Again, try it out. See if it works for you. Remember you don't have to fast everyday. One or 2 pwo meals may be the trick for you.

Good luck,

Jordan
Old 05-24-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
Michael Ledney

Profile:
Give it a shot and see what happens.

There's certainly no right answer, but I'll offer you my data point. I eat on an IF schedule during the day; a total of four meals, four blocks each (2x fat), within 6 hours (10AM, 12, 2PM, 4). Then nothing else for the rest of the night. I typically work out some time between 8 and 11 PM, depending on how late I work, but I don't eat afterward.

I've been doing that for ~ a year now and have had no problems maintaining 230-240#, ~15% bf. If my bf gets much below that I become prone to minor, but very annoying, illness.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
Cal Jones

Profile:
I was thinking of doing it during the week (unless I go out for dinner with friends, which happens once in a blue moon) and eating on the weekend. I'll give it a whirl and report back. :-)