CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #41
Tim Robinson

Profile:
Re: AF/Klokov stuff

Had mine for about a week -- not going to do a review, but I've been lifting since the mid 1970's and have not owned or used a better bar at 2 to 3 times the price. Will be getting another when I can scrape together the money.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:24 AM   #42
Struan Potter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Mitchell View Post
That's a problem I've never heard someone having. The spin should help in pulling under. Interesting.
It's just my personal opinion. The IWF brand bars spin without resistance while still feeling connected to the sleeve. The Klokov bar spins so freely you lose that connected feeling. It's hard to describe over the internet.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #43
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struan Potter View Post
It's just my personal opinion. The IWF brand bars spin without resistance while still feeling connected to the sleeve. The Klokov bar spins so freely you lose that connected feeling. It's hard to describe over the internet.
I understand what you're saying now; I could see that being a problem.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #44
Jeremy Schultz

Profile:

I bought one of these Klokov barbells as soon as they came back into stock. I am excited about this bar, based on all the great reviews.

$48 for shipping in the US seems a little excessive for a 44# barbell (Rogue ships barbells for about $15), but if this bar is as good as it's supposed to be, I'll be okay with that.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #45
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

It cost me about a $1/# to ship a barbell 1500 miles. My guess is that Rogue and Pendlay just have a really good shipping deal. Dunno really.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #46
Robert Bohn

Profile:

Hey could someone that already has a klokov barbell post a video of them spinning the shaft compared to another barbell like a pendlay or werksan in the same video. I would like to see how well it spins before placing a order. Someone posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZViw6yhFZc WFS if it spinning by itself by I would like a side by side comparison to another barbell just to be safe. Thanks!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #47
Mike Hollister

Profile:

Hookgrip did a test like that w/ eleiko and rogue bars. Search his youtube feed. My rogue bar spins comparably to that.

I really don't think you'll be disappointed w/ a Klokov bar. Such a good value.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #48
Andrew Daggon

Profile:

I don't have a video ready but my 2 klokov bars spin better than the bars in the rogue vs eleiko video
Old 02-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #49
Jeremy Schultz

Profile:

I finally got my Klokov barbell today. Super excited to try it out. My initial impressions - the spin is excellent and the finish is very good. There are a couple of imperfections in the finish near the base of the collars, but nothing that will take away from function. The knurl appears fairly good, but IMO, the new Pendlay's are just a little bit "grippier".

My biggest complaint, and it is still too minor to complain to AF about, is that the barbell arrived well-packaged, but one of the blue end-cap-stickers was completely off of the end (just lying in the bag with the barbell), leaving the exposed screw-on end cap exposed - which is very mottled/discolored looking. Clearly, this is not a big deal and won't affect the use of the bar, but I'm a little disappointed that my new "competition" barbell now has one end that's hard to distinguish from some cheap Sears-store barbell or Cap Barbell with an allen-screw attachment. I tried to glue it back on with Gorilla Glue, but the end-cap-sticker seems warped (maybe why it fell off in the first place), and I don't think it's going to stay put. Oh well.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #50
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Jeremy,

I'll get this taken care of ASAP, Brother. I'm not cool with your Bar showing up in anything other than stellar condition.

I'm sure that mother nature in the Northeast (negative temps, crazy humidity) was cruel to the Klokov Bar en route to Washington, but that's no reason for you to have a non-rocking product.

Stand by, give me a little patience, and I'll have you squared.

Best,

Jon