CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #21
Jeremy Lockhart

Profile:
Re: AbMat Burn Guard Testing for Again Faster

I'd love if someone would post a picture of it.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #22
Grady Reel

Profile:

https://www.againfaster.com/shop/abm...at-burn-guard/
Old 04-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #23
Alex Barnes

Profile:

So this is a little late due to some delivery issues and some personal matters that came up, however I wanted to post my initial experience with this product. The burn guard first off is a great idea, simple and effective way to use the abmat without having to roll out a full yoga mat, or lay down anything else. Slips on nicely and isn't to thick through the abmat part to add additional height. In my own opinion I would like to see the protection part to be thicker and longer. I could see after a while that the current padding could wear out and you could be looking to replace this. Maybe this could be an option in the future, to have a burn guard 2 which is slightly different specs. Overall good piece and easy for traveling with as well, will sleep right into a gym bag without taking up any space.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #24
Ryan Brunk

Profile:

I need one so my gf will shut up about it.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #25
Austin Jones

Profile:

Ok I'm back with my one month review. For what it's worth, I'm a garage gymmer who trains solo, so my Burn Guard didn't get heavy use. I made sure to use it a few times a week though, and stayed away from GHR situps, which was nice.

- All in all the Burn Guard was great and did what it was supposed to. I didn't do insanely high numbers of situps at once, but was consistently doing sets of 50. No monkey butt.
- I never once had to readjust the cover once I installed it. The flap folds over nicely and it can stay on all the time, even with me storing it between 2 tubes on my bar storage rack.
- I even used the flap for knee padding while doing bar roll outs. This was nice instead of using the actual AbMat itself. For some reason I hate doing that, I feel like my knees are just wearing out the AbMat, but since the fold is flat...no problemo.
- Added bonus was that I didn't find garage dirt in my butt crack.
- I can't speak to the durability in a gym environment with many users multiple times a day. I know i'll never need to replace it in my scenario.

I'd recommend this product to anybody who does high volume AbMat situps. If you get monkey butt, you already know you need this and it's a great replacement to laying down a yoga mat on top of the stall mats. If you don't mind having crack rash and the ensuing MRSA, carry on without the burn guard.

Thanks for the opportunity Jon.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #26
Lucas Curole

Profile:

i have a abmat, I would review the Burn Guard for you
Old 05-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #27
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Austin,

You're welcome! Thanks for the review, Brother. I'm stoked it worked out well for you.

When we first introduced the Burn Guard, my expectations were conservative, but it's now one of the most popular items on the site. Live and learn...

I hope all is well in the garage gym! Just moved mine outside for the summer.

Best,

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Jones View Post
Ok I'm back with my one month review. For what it's worth, I'm a garage gymmer who trains solo, so my Burn Guard didn't get heavy use. I made sure to use it a few times a week though, and stayed away from GHR situps, which was nice.

- All in all the Burn Guard was great and did what it was supposed to. I didn't do insanely high numbers of situps at once, but was consistently doing sets of 50. No monkey butt.
- I never once had to readjust the cover once I installed it. The flap folds over nicely and it can stay on all the time, even with me storing it between 2 tubes on my bar storage rack.
- I even used the flap for knee padding while doing bar roll outs. This was nice instead of using the actual AbMat itself. For some reason I hate doing that, I feel like my knees are just wearing out the AbMat, but since the fold is flat...no problemo.
- Added bonus was that I didn't find garage dirt in my butt crack.
- I can't speak to the durability in a gym environment with many users multiple times a day. I know i'll never need to replace it in my scenario.

I'd recommend this product to anybody who does high volume AbMat situps. If you get monkey butt, you already know you need this and it's a great replacement to laying down a yoga mat on top of the stall mats. If you don't mind having crack rash and the ensuing MRSA, carry on without the burn guard.

Thanks for the opportunity Jon.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #28
Grady Reel

Profile:

Following up on a serveral weeks of use between my wife and I.

The Abmat and burn guard show zero signs of wear.

It's much more comfortable than my uncovered abmat, fix a few styling issues with the corners rolling up and this product is perfect.

Thanks for the chance to review it! I'll post again in a month or so.