CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
Chad Smith

Profile:
Re: Fastest way to RX

This is relevant to my interests. I'm curious as to what you offer. Maybe you could set up a blog like an affiliate does? Or maybe open an affiliate of your own (though you'd be competing with Windsor Crossfit)
Old 07-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Please keep in mind that the Message Board's intent is to share information, not to ever be used for marketing or promotion.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
Krista Johnson

Profile:

I'm a 52 yr old woman - over weight , out of shape...... yadda yadda..
I just started crossfit and am on day 8 of fundamentals.
I cannot begin to imagine a person who is not athletically inclined beginning this without a coach!
Jodi and Ross at Crossfit Penticton BC have been giving my friend and I very very close instruction and scrutiny during this learning process. They make us do everything over and over until we do it right..... and then we do the workout.

For those of you who think you got this on your own..... think again!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #14
Kevin Keast

Profile:

I think this is useful, from a programming perspective.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Josh Fiebig

Profile:

I will begin posting workouts on my website - wildernessathletics.com - specifically designed for novice Crossfitters working towards completing WODs as Rx'd. There will be an introduction on how this will be different from the regular workouts posted tomorrow, and the programming will begin in less than 2 weeks.

Several people have previously observed that strength is the foundation of fitness, and that an increase in strength will almost always positively affect conditioning. Not to be overlooked are skills, which require a measure of strength, balance, flexibility, muscular endurance, and other aspects of fitness. Oftentimes, lack of skill presents a greater hindrance to conditioning than strength alone would.

CrossFit as a sport requires a great deal of specific skills; probably a larger arsenal than any other sport. You will never succeed without developing these skills, and using them in the correct volume to stimulate progress. This will be the intent of "The Fastest Way to Rx" as presented by Wilderness Athletics - a systematic introduction of skill work in addition to strength and conditioning. I invite any and all novice Crossfitters to follow and comment on the blog, so more people can progress as quickly and safely as possible.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
Adam Bratley

Profile:

I think its a great idea.
Ive been doing crossfit for roughly 2 months, on my own, in a regular gym. I can Rx roughly 50% of workouts but again struggle with programming.
I have lifted and kept a good level of fitness since 16 (now nearly 30) so technique etc i can self teach to a certain extent. Progress is starting to slow so this sounds ideal.