CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
Elliot Royce

Profile:
When I started Crossfit I was recovering from bilateral hip surgery and used it as a general rehab, strengthening and conditioning tool. It worked out tremendously: after 6 months of relative inactivity, I was able to go back to hockey without being winded.

Now I'm allowed to do whatever I want, and I'm back skating 3x per week and doing boxing lessons 2x per week.

Based on all the good advice from here (and working in person with Keith Wittenstein from CF NY), I know I also need to work on joint mobility, the Burgener warmup, and flexibility.

Between my long work schedule and the need for recovery time from hockey and boxing (my legs are dead from the one, and my arms and shoulders are dead from the other), I'm trying to find ways to integrate in CF.

What I've done so far is to just focus on the basic lifts: snatch, deadlifts, squats, push press, and cleans. I also do joint mobility, foam rolls for some incredible muscle tension, Burgener, behind the shoulder stretches, etc. I leave out the 5k runs (not good for my hips anyway) since I get pretty intense cardio 5x per week anyway. I also leave out the front squats because I'm just not capable of doing then yet.

I miss the harmony, if I could put it that way, of being able to follow the WODs as posted.

Suggestions or am I doing what I should be doing?