CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
Chris Jordan

Profile:
I just wanted to post a few pictures of today's Olympic Weightlifting event in St. Louis. Coach Kevin Kinney put on a great clinic for us and gave us all plenty to practice. Thank you to all who participated and made this a great time. Now, go practice!

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/20886.jpg
Pictured from back left are Catherine Imes, Jason Smith, Julie Jordan, Chris Jordan (devilishly handsome), John Phipps, John Kamadulski, (front row) Mark Whitener, John Lake, John Seiler, Neal Winkler, Chris Meyer and John Applebaum. (Please forgive any misspellings)
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/20887.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/20888.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/20889.jpg
Old 03-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
John Seiler

Profile:
The clinic was awesome. Many thanks to Chris Jordan for getting us organized. Props to his wife Julie who hauled her bulging belly out to support us 2 days prior to being induced! Look out for that lady if the Crossfit bug ever hits her.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:29 AM   #3
Chris Jordan

Profile:
Here's a picture of Kelly Moore from our Kettlebell event in January. Near the end of the class when we were all tired she was just about warmed up and did this:
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/20914.jpg
She's so cool. You just go right ahead and try that at home.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:56 AM   #4
Catherine Imes

Profile:
Yeah, I'm glad you posted that. That is a cool pic of Kelly.

Thanks for organizing this Chris. Coach Kinney is a very good instructor. I think it might be worthwhile and economical for us to meet up with him every 6 months at least for some instruction.

I actually made a good kettlebell contact with Kinney and he is interested in having me possibly do some workshops at the HS and possibly something at his NSCA seminar next year. It was great/worthwhile morning all around and it was great to see everyone again and meet some new faces.

CI

(Message edited by cimes on March 05, 2006)
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
Neal Winkler

Profile:
Yeah, thanks again Chris for putting together another great event.

But did you really have to get pictures of me and Jason taking a poop in the woods? That's our own private time thank you very much. :crazy:

Sorry I didn't stick around and say bye to everyone and chat for bit, but I had to book it!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
Chris Jordan

Profile:
Catherine,
John Seiler and I were discussing that last night. We think its a great idea to meet up with him for a refresher course in a few months. Coach says he can make himself available this summer. Hopefully we can use some weight next time!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
David Wood

Profile:

Is no one else freaking out over the picture of Kelly?

Are we really so blase about her accomplishments ("Oh, yeah, Kelly Moore, front planche (yawn) . . . wake me up when she does something unusual") that no one notices?

I've been working that move for 6 months and I'm still not near that!!!

Very nice stuff, Kelly. Simply awesome.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Sean Guerrant

Profile:

My first thought was, "Ohhhhhhhh!! NOW I know why she's smoking me on the WoD's. It's all clear now!" What I like is that she's doing that with her glasses still on. What happens when she gets SERIOUS and takes those off? Is that when the real whoop*ss starts?
Okay, Kelly, not to make you blush. Very nice. (And cool ink, too.)
Old 03-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #9
Neal Winkler

Profile:
I wonder if Kelly has ever done a planche while doing a keg stand? How cool of a keg stand would that be?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #10
Catherine Imes

Profile:
That would be very cool, but I don't think we could get her to drink beer ;)

CI