CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #11
Tim Alford

Profile:
Re: Another supplement question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
xxxx, hands down. If you get it you can skip the creatine. removed marketingalone will make a huge difference in your training.
Awesome, I will look at your website today. What timing would I need with Results? Take it pre or post workout? With or without Nitrean? And on days I workout or everyday? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #12
Tim Alford

Profile:

Hey Chris, while I have you on here; do you have any recommendations for meal replacement shakes/options? I know that's not your wheelhouse particularly but maybe you know of something that's effective! Thank you.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #13
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

Trying to keep as much science in here as possible....both fish oil and vitamin D levels should show up in your regular blood work you get with a physical.

I live in AZ with lot of sunshine but work inside and spend enough off hours at the gym that mine was at the low end of acceptable. Take 2000iu to bump level up.

Fish oil will show up in you blood lipid test. I take 4500mg of actual Omega 3's (fish oil is not 100% Omega 3's so you have to do a little math to figure out what you are actually getting). My over all Omega 3 level is good and the ratio of 3's to 6's is also good.

Before just assuming a product will help try to understand why you think it will help you. Then reevaluate as you are using it to see if it is helping with the issue you are trying to address.

Most CrossFitters I know who are following a nutritional plan could benefit simply from getting protein and carbs post workout. Be this a recovery drink or some turkey and an apple. Makes a huge difference in recovery and the ability to go hard multiple days in a row.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #14
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Alford View Post
Hey Chris, while I have you on here; do you have any recommendations for meal replacement shakes/options? I know that's not your wheelhouse particularly but maybe you know of something that's effective! Thank you.
Please check out another product
Old 02-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Awesome, I will look at your website today. What timing would I need with Results? Take it pre or post workout? With or without Nitrean? And on days I workout or everyday? Sorry for all the questions!
I recommend post-workout on training days and with a meal on off days.

Chris
Old 02-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #16
Tim Alford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
I recommend post-workout on training days and with a meal on off days.

Chris
Would I take the RESULTS with Nitrean post workout? Or just one or the other? RESULTS is currently sold out!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #17
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Quote:
What are the benefits for you when you ya me the right dosage of vitamin D?
No need for Enzyte, jk...well*. Enhanced recovery day to day. Just another piece of the puzzle with enough sleep.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #18
Camille Lore

Profile:

Quote:
Hey guys (and gals), I finished a 24 day challenge from a company you all know. I didn't see many results (I didn't follow the plan to a T) but it did get me thinking, what supplements should I be taking on a regular basis?

I take fish oils, I drink Nitrean +, I also cycle Creatine. Am I missing anything? From what I've heard BCAAs are great or Zinc/Magnesium. I've looked it up online but most websites are just pushing their own product so it's hard to get the facts. As for me, I workout 4-5 times a week. I'm adding strength and doing metcons twice a week. Any help would be appreciated!

As a side note, it's easier for me if I take a meal replacement shake for lunch, I know it's not the best but it's easy for me because I don't typically have time for an actual lunch. So if you know any good meal replacement shakes let me know!
Whatever happened to eating real food?

And Chris, you've been asked over and over to stop marketing products on the message board.

For zoning related questions, please email me at Camille at CrossFit.com
Old 02-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #19
Tim Alford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
Whatever happened to eating real food?

And Chris, you've been asked over and over to stop marketing products on the message board.
Camille! I want to apologize if I asked anything out of line! I do eat real food, but I typically work 8:30-5 without much of a break at all. So my real food is early in the morning and later in the evening, not in between.

Secondly, I enticed Chris into responding (because he is very competent) and then I asked him to follow up. I should have emailed him personally, so I apologize for that as well. We can end this thread if you'd prefer, I don't want to cause any strife. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #20
Chris Mason

Profile:

No way to delete a comment...