CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Kenneth Cheung

Profile:
rehab and crossfit?

are there any instances/ examples of boxes or people doing special classes or having special locations that focus on people in rehab (e.g. durg addiction. alcohol addition)?

I'm keen to see if i could get in touch with anyone doing something like this for more information on how they started, the kind of hurdles they faced and what kind of support/ considerations they need.

thanks!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:
Re: rehab and crossfit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cheung View Post
are there any instances/ examples of boxes or people doing special classes or having special locations that focus on people in rehab (e.g. durg addiction. alcohol addition)?

I'm keen to see if i could get in touch with anyone doing something like this for more information on how they started, the kind of hurdles they faced and what kind of support/ considerations they need.

thanks!
There are anecdotal reports on the internet about it. There waas a guy who trained Navy Counsleors (Navy Counselor Schools uses a parallel process. It's like being in treatment) who was a CF instructor in SD, I know he made the staff do it.

Integrated Recovery is about using CF with recovery, it's on FB.

I wrote a report on briningin CF into a treatment center for a college class. I got an A.