CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-16-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Theron Mathis

Profile:
It's been a while since I have posted, but I have had some really good gains and wanted to share my progression.

After my Crossfit gains had plateaued for some time, I quit. I did not quit lifting but decided to do something new. This was hard, because I loved doing Crossfit. So I spent about 12 weeks doing a pure strength rotation. During that time, I did some metabolic conditioning but very little. I worked on getting stronger in the Crossfit moves. Deadlifts, Front Squats, Weighted pullups, weighted dips, overhead lifts, etc. I saw some tremendous progress. I moved my deadlift which had stalled at 395 about 2 years ago (and was declining) to 445.

However, I missed Crossfit. So I decided to change it up. At this point, I was only working out on Mon, Wed & Fri. Mondays would be primarily upper body. Wednesday-lower body, and Fridays would be a Westside type Dynamic/Repetition day. I don't know if it is age, less than ideal nutrition, lack of sleep, or three kids; but the 3/1 split wears me out. I decided to turn my Friday into my Crossfit day. On this day, I started doing some of the girls or the hardest metcon exercise of the week.

It was amazing. Fran went from 10 mins 6 months ago to 6 minutes. I saw similar progress in Helen and other girls. It's been amazing. Also I have been seeing similar strength and body composition gains. I love it!

I know this progression is not for everyone, but it fits my schedule and for now I am seeing results. I will continue this format, with the only change being a change in max exercises every four weeks.

Thanks Crossfit.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
David Aguasca

Profile:
that's pretty awesome, theron. a 445lb DL is cool, but especially when paired with a 6min fran.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
Theron Mathis

Profile:
thanks...if my experience taught me anything it was confirmation of the Crossfit Total. Increase that and performing the WODs as written improves.