CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
Amanda Strouse

Profile:
Re: Aman-DUH workout log

Long time, no post...life.busy.stuff.gah.

Synopsis is in no particular order...

CF team competition. Thoughts. It was yay fun to be with everyone and working together. I find that I work much harder when I have a team. Letting myself down is one thing. Letting a team down is an abomination in my books. That **** just don't fly with me. Realized I need to work better at focusing my energy and forgetting what weights I've pulled in the past and just get zoned out. I'm used to maintaining calm demeanor throughout an entire day of competition, so this will be tough for moi.

Sickness/illness and all the stuff that goes through me. Yeah, like next level stomach/intestinal illness spread forth through my body like nobody's biznez. This was a new one for me. Still hungry, but everything sharp pains and bubble guts. My bowels were possessed...

The post-illness life. What does a perfectly normal, smart, educated on food chic do after she starts to feel better? She eats all the ice cream damnit, thats what she does. Then she thinks she might be knocked up because her stomach is not playing nice. Turns out, not with child (WHEW), just incredibly dumb. I'm on the 21 day sugar detox now. Must cleanse thy system.

Shoulder-fuctupidness. Going for cortisone shot next week. Sweet relief, you will be mine. I got hit while riding my bike a few years ago. It destabalized shoulder and never healed correctly. Now it's a touchy little misfit. Keeps me from doing things I now love like hand stand push ups, kipping pull ups and all the Oly lifts.

CFE certification. SO.MUCH.FUNNESS Really, it's great. I'm in, I love it, I hope I can help spread all the CFE. I like that I can still do CF while training for IMLP next year. Watch out world. I'm educated about my fitness now and I want you to drink the kool-aid too. Also, down the road I'd like to get into teaching CFE as well. I like helping people get better at fitness I have realized. It gets me pretty pysched. I just need to shed my ***** face exterior.

6 years of clean livin. Gonna celebrate and reward myself with a new tattoo. I have a few ideas, still making sure I know exactly what I want and where. Age gives you the privilege of wisdom and patience. No more impulsive tatoos for this cowgirl.

Fianlly...the DEADLIFT. It's peak week at the gym. Doesn't mean tons to me since this past month has been off with my illness and shoulder. But I do loves me some deadliftin. Hit a PR of 265' Only 15' from dble body weight and plans for 300' are on my radar.

Plans to keep up with workouts are back. Gonna start keeping better accounts on here again now that I'm feeling better.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
Erin Davidson

Profile:

300!

Glad to hear you'll be logging lots and sad to hear you've had gut issues Those are, as you know from talking to me, not my favorite!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

8/23
Strict Press, up to peak of 1. started at 55' w/ 10' jumps. Failed at 95' which is my max anyway. So got 90'. Shoulder was BURNING, so I'll take it.

Skipped met-con since I had 2hrs of dance practice in front of me.

8/24
Off day. Shoulder hurt too bad. Plus my friend invited me to sit by the pool. I rode my bike to and from her house, so technically I got workout in of about 25 miles. Thats not much for me, but I guess it still counts.

8/25
Plan WAS to go to CFCC for the 50's but this was my first full day with no person to meet, no thing to do, no major plans...sometimes, a girl just needs a flippin day off. So that was today. Cleaned house, watched Hunger Games, napped, ate...bliss.

8/26
There is a field right near my house, like across the block. I thought it would be good to practice my CFE stuff. WELL, they had it all measured out like a football field cuz guess what...the high school football team practices there. WOOOOTT! So I did my running drills, did 15 pushups, then did 8x200's, holding pace with 10sec rest. Easy...workout done...but not really. I decided to lap the field once with each turn being a new drill. I got to the far end of the field and what do I see? PULL UP BARS. Muther freakin welded into the fence straight up old school pull up bars. I got on that **** of course. Strict to keep shoulder happy. Then, guess what else they had. BIG AZZ TIRES! Yep, I flipped it a bunch of times. Squat, lift, flip. What a great workout. I actually had total amounts of fun. Plus, the field is empty..so I got to run around in sports bra which isn't my normal M.O. I loved it. Going to do this ALOT more.

8/27 Monday
SICK..again..over it...stupid tummy issues. Dr appt for Thursday

8/28 Floor Press
Finally got my cortisone shot in shoulder. Only pressed the bar a bunch of times.
Metcon - 500m Row, 30 Push-ups, 30 Steps Single Arm KB (1.5/1) Overhead Walking Lunge (15L/15R), 30 Box Jumps (30/24), 16 Push-ups, 16 Steps Single Arm KB OH WLunge (8L/8R), 16 Box Jumps (30/24)
7' and change. Subbed hollow rocks for PU's and no weight for lunges...so of course I smoked this workout. Felt like I was cheatin.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #24
Erin Davidson

Profile:

That field sounds like a great find! I love finding stuff like that "outside the box".
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
Abbey Sangmeister

Profile:

Ah gut issues no fun! I'm been doing the bone broth thing and that helps having it during the day. I've had those scares when I'm craving odd things like olives Let me know if you ever want to get out of the box and jog and do drills. We could always head to the relaxing area of Valley Green and do that. Also, I guess the pools close soon so sad. Keep up the good work lady!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

8/29 Deadlifts
Uber Anna is baaaack! Yeah...love training with her. She makes me want to do better. So, practiced turkish get-ups. Only did left arm since right was recovering from cortiisone. TG's are dumb...jus sayin. Yeah, they work stuff and look cool...but come on...dumbdumbdumb.

Deadlift based on long jump. Worked up 235, triples. ROUNDING...sh*t. Only went to 215. Have no idea whats happening here.

Metcon - lots of 1-arm swings, hollow rocks and 1-arm presses. whomp whomp

8/30 SO TIRED. Skipped gym, went to dance practice for 3 hours.

8/31 Off today muf****a

9/1 It's september ya'll...how did that happen? Was going to do some endurance work, but just wasn't up for it. Tummy is still the wonkster. Bloodwork and poo analysis being done. My guess is it's something only Dr. House can daignose.

9/2 Rain...sofa...slept till 10am

9/3 Running...practiced endurance run drills and went for short cops and robbers run. I feel like my form is on point. I know I was going fast but did not feel like I was working.

9/4 Had to skip workout since tummy was jacked. Did HAVE to go to dance though for 2 hours.

9/5 Deadlifts
Can't even talk about this. I keep rounding. WHY....WHY....it's just picking up a very heavy barbell Strouse...get it together already. Straight back, engage lats, foot through floor, butt back, squat then drop, chest up...oh, wait, maybe I'm thinking about it too much.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #27
Meghan Reid

Profile:

YO, let me know if I can help at all with the gut schtufffff. That sucks.