CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #2371
Chrissey Barba

Profile:
Re: The Erin Experiment

THANK YOU for showing me how to adjust the GHD (and giving me your perfectly-adjusted one).

this seems like something we should repeat in a month or so - i feel like i should have done all of these things RX'ed and a good deal faster than i did.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #2372
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Agreed! And anytime - they're so bulky
Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #2373
Angie Marfisi

Profile:

Agreed on tabata GHD (bc I actually don't know like what repping them should feel like if firing correctly) and am usually like am I doing this right ?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #2374
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Settled then, Tabata GHD more often.

-----------------------------------

MONDAY, 8/13/12

Snatch, up to 51kg. Not a good day. Definitely fatigued from yesterday.
Clean, up to 70kg twice. Then done. Just not worth it today.
Front Squat, triple - up to 78kg. Nice to hit this.

Gonna take it easy today - train Oly and metcon tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #2375
Brandi Chittum

Profile:

Hey E!

Good thing I ate that dessert before this week started. Thirty days/Schmirty days - we are almost done!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #2376
Erin Davidson

Profile:

DAH.

It's been one of those weeks again so I'll just do my best to update/remember.

TODAY (TUESDAY) -

Klokov Complexes up to 42kg but that was it - I'm EXHAUSTED today.

MONDAY -

Snatched up to 53kg, missed 55kg. Oy.

Cleaned up to a PR at 76kg (WHAT) AND, racked 78kg a few times - I'm amazed. 80kg is not that far away! SO WEIRD!

At 5pm, front squatted, barefoot, straight feet, up to a triple at 74kg (goal = 80kg).

I also did the 530 class - fun times. Weighted Pull-up up to 22.5lbs (I feel like it'd be SO weird if this was something like 55lbs... JUST SAYING MUSCLE-UPS MIGHT BE EASY), then 4 Rounds and 12 Double Unders on a metcon I think should be a maintenance benchmark for Advanced Class... (AMRAP 7 minutes: 20 Double Unders, 10 Pull-ups, 10 Light American KB Swings)

SUNDAY

2nd day of CrossFit Endurance Certification, drills and double unders - no WOD, and that's ok - LONG day.

SATURDAY

1st day of CrossFit Endurance Certification, LOTS LEARNED and more to work on, a little running, some drills, and a WOD that I loved (formatting-wise, not DOING). My team scored 206, the goal was getting to 200 so I felt good about this Got to use Carl Paoli burpees too.

FRIDAY

Rest, in prep for someone making me run. x_X

THURSDAY

I know I did OLY... and I think Snatching off the Blocks went the best it's ever gone, I got up to 50kg - maybe 52kg I failed?

The Clean and Double Jerk was at least 70kg I think?

Front Squat, would have been pause squats and I'm pretty sure I did them. I don't think I got the chance to come back and do the Snatch RDL.

WEDNESDAY

Rowing, with Meg and Ave - POND OF DEATH. 1536m - an average pace of 1:48 - MADNESS. And ouch.

TUESDAY

Klokovs, up to 46kg I believe.
Clean and Jerk - can't remember what I got up, I think I worked with Record and definitely go over 73kg but I really can't remember.
Front Squat, should have been up to a peak of 1 but I can't remember what I did here. ugggggghhhhh
Old 08-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #2377
Rachel Baratz

Profile:

I fully intend to have a 50# weighted pullup at some point. Wanna do it with me?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #2378
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Haha - OH GOD. And I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea My beef is... I hate triples for the pull-up. There almost as bad as sets of five for the dead.

--------------------

SUNDAY.

Jon North Seminar at CF South Philly tomorrow - I shall try not to bruise my hips too badly. Also, I shall try not to laugh out loud.

SATURDAY.

We got home from camp (like actually home) about 130am... that was rough because 9am was the Elements workout and THEN the Filthy Fifties which breeds a crazy amount of adrenaline output.

Outlaw Thang:

500m Row
40 Hand Release Push Ups
30 (15+15) OH walking lunge with 1.5pd kb
20 Power cleans (115)
30 HR Push Ups
20 (10+10) OH lunges
10 Power cleans (115)
500m Row

1840 - felt like I was beating my head against a wall. Was very proud of Morgan for beasting this one. I loved the challenge of the 1-arm OH walking lunge - I've been meaning to do those for a while and I kinda forgot how difficult they can be. I'm glad I did SOMETHING today... but I have to say the only benefit I got out of this WOD was probably simple exposure to those under fatigue and to some push-ups (which I haven't done in a while).

FRIDAY.

Drove up to camp (3 1/2 hours) and did get the chance to do some Snatch Doubles up to 46kg. Then, Coached, got a little tan, drank SO MUCH WATER and wished I was NOT on Whole30, and then Clean and Double Jerked after all. I was in Toms, aviators, really hungry, and pretty dehydrated and I PR'd - this was HILARIOUS to me. 70kg on the double jerk - FINALLY. In my head this means I will now magically be able to clean and jerk 80kg (not really, but REALLY!) Ok, maybe just my best clean. That would be a good start.

THURSDAY.

Snatched off the Blocks for a bit - up to 54kg (that's a PR off the blocks).

WEDNESDAY.

I know I did something... can't remember!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #2379
Erin Davidson

Profile:

SUNDAY.

Jon North ("Attitude Nation") Weightlifting Seminar at CrossFit South Philly.

Ahhhhh - TWO good weightlifting days in a WEEKEND? THIS IS TOO MUCH TO ASK!

9am - speech about a lot of things... speech = rant. But it's all good

10-12pm - NOT evening kidding about this timeline - Snatch Skill Work. For two hours. YES.

Things I really liked.

1. Pendlay's Position 1 and then calling out the rest of the positions by #. Simple, but brilliant - why have I never done this?

2. The hit didn't necessarily have to be that aggressive for me to get it... and moving my grip out has really helped any pain I might be experiencing from it. Additionally, Jon and Jessica favored the shoulder directly in line with the bar while the bar is at the knee (something I've always just LIKED more), and THEN they favor the shoulder in front of the bar - something I'm going to have to film myself doing to see if I'm doing it right.

3. They mentioned my favorite pulls ever, Chinese pulls - and didn't TEACH the jump at all - but did mention it when people were getting the idea of "fast feet".

4. The bottom is THE BOTTOM - and we did so many drills trying to get into this position automatically and practicing receiving the bounce that I seriously just WENT there so much better than I ever have.

5. They defined finish and called the "Archangel" position. I now know why it's not always ENTIRELY necessary to think about the shrug - WEIRD.

6. UP = BACK in weightlifting. This is so entirely true - and after watching how it applied to the entire lift, I can't wait to keep trying to do this more. Like, I seriously want to go lift tonight but I won't.

7. Good weightlifting is cheating. The faster you are, the easier it is. And even if you're strong - you should still try to be fast. Fast doesn't apply to just one part of the pull either... once technically correct the whole thing should be FAST.

12-1pm: Work up to a Max Snatch. Working in lbs. was funny - but I got up to 58kg - then, failed repeatedly at 133lbs. (a little over 60kg). My PR for all time (and at a heavier bodyweight by 10lbs.) is 59kg. Jon cued me to pull my elbows back as much as I could and I just NEARLY missed it on my last try. I feel like there's gonna be a break thru here REAL soon - I can't wait!

1-2pm: Lunch. All the BBQ, talking to Natalie about pregger XFitting, and got to see Scheiner for a bit... fun times.

230-330pm: Clean (and Jerk - if you feel comfortable with it). I clean and jerked 163lbs. (matches my PR) but couldn't quite get 168lbs. (roughly 76kg) - my PR (now OLD PR) for the clean. I took a couple more tries at 76 but moved on to the clean after that and easily got 78kg. (PR!) Tried 80kg only once, and RACKED it. (PR!)

330-4pm: Hang Man Drills for the Jerk. Really helpful and an easy format. Totally enjoyed these and will use them later.

Last edited by Erin Davidson; 08-26-2012 at 06:01 PM..
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #2380
Erin Davidson

Profile:

MONDAY.

Muscle-up work with Record, got maybe 2 separate single strict MUs, strung together 3 pull throughs easily and SUCCESS - NO BRUISES on my forearms (thank God - I began to think about what it might work like if I actually broke them).

TUESDAY.

HYBRID OLY but just reviewing the Snatch and C and J for Jim so he see my form as influenced by the clinic. Snatch, up to 56kg, with a miss at 57kg. Seriously? Not bad. I WANT 60KG!

Clean and Jerk - up to 70kg for the Clean and failed the jerk... decided I should squat. Tripled up to 74kg (a little slow but pretty fast).