CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Chris Miskowiec

Profile:
Location Importance

Hello all. My brother and I are working on opening a gym that will offer mainly Crossfit but also facilities for competitive powerlifters and weightlifters. At the moment we have two potential locations, and I wanted to get some opinions from you guys who have experience in this.

Location A: 2200 sq. ft., $19.36 per sq. ft., near an intersection of two major roads, half a mile from a major university.

Location B: 2400 sq. ft., $10 per sq. ft., street doesn't get as much traffic but it is within 3 miles of a major university, and there is a sheriff substation in the shopping center.

I am heavily leaning towards B, but the only concern is location. I feel like most of our business will come from word of mouth and advertising rather than walk-in traffic.

To those of you running Crossfit boxes, have you found location and walk-ins to be a major source of clientele? Is there some other reason Location A might be preferable?

Any info will be appreciated
Old 08-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Chris Miskowiec

Profile:
Re: Location Importance

Sorry, this seems to have been answered in the "Selecting a location, so many variables" thread. Somehow I missed that. You may delete this post if you like.