|09-10-2013, 04:08 PM||#1|
2013 USAPL Virginia State Championships
Some of you know that I am the new Virginia State Chair of USA Powerlifting. I just got our 2013 State Championship sanctioned by the National Office. It has been my experience that the Raw lifters at most USAPL events for the past few years have been taken by CrossFitters, so I figured this would be a good place to announce the meet - and yes, I got Admin approval to post this
Here are the details-
When: Saturday October, 26. Weigh-ins 0700-0830 (no early weigh-ins). Rules Briefing 0830 - USAPL Rules will be followed. Lifting begins at 0900.
Where: Virginia Military Institute ("VMI") - Cocke Hall, 319 Letcher Ave, Lexington, Virginia.
Categories: Powerlifting (full meet: Squat, Bench and Deadlift), Bench Press, Deadlift, and Ironman (Bench Press and Deadlift).
Weight Classes Men: 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 275, UNL
Weight Classes Women: 105, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, UNL
Divisions: Open (all ages), Teen 14-18, Junior 19-23, Master 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, Special Olympian
$75.00 per entry, $30.00 per additional division.
Spectators $5.00. Children 12 and under are FREE.
If you have any questions, post them here, and I will answer them. To get some of the basics out of the way:
1) You must wear a singlet to compete.
2) You must be a USAPL member to compete (but you can sign-up at the door, so don't worry about that).
3) We drug test a MINIMUM of 10% of the athletes who compete.
4) "Raw" lifting in USAPL means the only equipment you are allowed to wear are: belt, shoes, socks (must cover shins for deadlifts), t-shirt during squat and bench for men and all times for women, wrist wraps. More info here (wfs): http://usapowerlifting.com/liftersco..._lifting.shtml
5) We will have 2 platforms running simultaneously, so the day should go relatively quickly (in theory, we should be able to handle 100 lifters in a day on 2 platforms).
If you want a meet registration form, PM with your email address and I will send send it to you.
Good luck and good lifting!
Mount Vernon CrossFit, Owner
USA Powerlifting, Virginia State Rep
My gym- Mount Vernon CrossFit
|09-11-2013, 10:28 AM||#2|
Re: 2013 USAPL Virginia State Championships
6'-0"/231 lbs @ BS - 485; DL - 525; Press - 215; BP - 340
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2013 Young Guns Championships||Kevin Cornell||Competitions||0||09-01-2013 08:25 AM|
|Brave Soldier Challenge @ NC State - Raleigh, NC April 13th, 2013||Erin R Hogston||Competitions||0||02-17-2013 01:15 PM|
|USAPL Raw Nationals 2012||Sean Dunston||Competitions||22||08-15-2012 02:26 PM|
|USAPL Raw Nationals||Sean Dunston||Competitions||32||08-23-2011 03:17 PM|
|Minnesota State Open Powerlifting Championships||Michael Sampson||Competitions||1||12-29-2009 01:46 PM|