CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
George Mounce

Profile:
Exclamation Official Logsitall.com Thread - Post Here!

With the booming success of (wfs) http://www.logsitall.com I'm running into a problem keeping up with all the information.

The key players are myself, which you can email at george.mounce@gmail.com and Bill Patton the creator of the site who you can email at wkpatton@aol.com. Lets try and keep all traffic in this thread so we aren't clogging up the Community board in 30 different places.

Thank you all for putting in your information. Currently you can now edit your profile to display or not display your name in the rankings.

I forgot to mention - Bill and I are subscribed to this thread so we will be checking it out at much as possible.

Last edited by George Mounce : 09-21-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Bill Patton

Profile:
Re: Official Logsitall.com Thread - Post Here!

the basic idea behind LogsItAll was to set up a flexible online logbook that would be useful to record the diverse collection of workouts that CF entails then use these workouts to generate an online ranking.

since my day job consists of running the www.concept2.com/rankings (rowing ranking and logbook) so i thought this would be pretty easy. i was wrong.

with a great deal of help from George and others we've built up a pretty good very basic online logbook for all CF workouts - i've been steadily building up the standings / rankings pages - and have a long list of 'to dos'.

The flexibility of the log means that i can act pretty quickly to add features and in particular data to log. as an example i've got on deck a suggestion to allow recording of personal stats (bodyweight, resting HR, etc.).

Instructions for using the log are as follows:

1. create a profile by registering at www.LogsItAll.com - record your password
2. log on and then navigate to your logbook.
3. To begin select an activity - you'll see a long list of available ones (to restrict this list to only CF related ones, click on 'edit list of activities' to hide the ones you aren't going to use).
4. each activity has a list of sub-activities (named workouts, daily workouts, etc.)
5. enter as few or as many workouts as you like. The system will automatically select your best times for entry onto the standings page.
6. if you wish to use the log purely for personal reasons, you can opt out of having your times included on the standings page by looking under the profile panel and selecting 'edit profile'.

www.LogsItAll.com
Old 09-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #3
George Mounce

Profile:

One thing Bill and I really need help with is - "Rx'd".

While the basic rx'd is in the definition of most of the named WODs there are often weights for women that still make it "rx'd". If someone has an idea of what they are, please post them here. Otherwise I'm going to use the Brand X forum version that lists the woman's weight.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:14 AM   #4
David Sailor

Profile:

The Heros section looks great, adding the picture and description is very nice.

Checking out Murph, is Rx'ed with or without a vest? The times are all over the board which suggests that people are posting as Rx'ed whether a 20 lb vest was worn or not. Is it worth adding a field for this? David
Old 09-22-2007, 04:55 AM   #5
Brandon Oto

Profile:

For one thing, apparently you can do Grace however you want and it's still rx'd ;-)

I think that, for the sake of time comparisons, dumbbell thrusters are a fair sub for wallball -- it's different, but it's not easier or faster, so the times still work. Same for SDHP for rowing (hell, that's gotta be harder) and perhaps tuck jumps for double-unders. These things are also real common due to equipment shortcomings, so I think it's reasonable to call them "rx'able."
Old 09-22-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
George Mounce

Profile:

Brandon I agree with you in theory, but it is a sub - personally I think we need to have the comments section appear in the standings but I don't know how hard for Bill that would be, we'd need his opinion on it.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #7
Brandon Oto

Profile:

I just think you have to decide what the point of the system is, which seems to be comparison.

If you make it 100% identical workouts only, I think you won't get very many data points, and I think you have to ask what you're gaining.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #8
Bill Patton

Profile:

i've done a quick upgrade of the standings pages and the profile:

1. CF gym affiliation is now listed. If your profile doesn't have this information and you'd like it to - look under your profile panel, select edit profile -and fill it in. Please use the full "forma" name of your gym so that we get consistent entries (i'm going to turn this into a database eventually)

2. you can now "drill" into the detail of any ranked piece by clicking on the position number. This will let you see the exact configuration of any ranked piece - from there you can make your own determination of how you should compare your performance to the ones ranked. Eventually i'll open up more criteria for filtering the standings results - but i think this will allow us to continue to build the data - and keep things useful...

other ideas please email or post.

-bp
Old 09-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #9
George Mounce

Profile:

The drilling makes everything non-rx'd? I did Grace as rx'd but when I drill (I deleted my old one and put the weight rx'd for the WOD in there) but it still shows as non-rx'd.

I also see I show up twice under Grace. I thought it was going to pull the best times? I think the idea of the PR box where you check it or a "rank" like the Concept2 would be nice. This is also occurring for other WODs such as Fran for other people.

Last edited by George Mounce : 09-22-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #10
Bill Patton

Profile:

dangit - fix one thing, break two others.

i've rolled back the page a bit and will work on refining the detail page.

I've known for a while now that i've got to have a 'rank' button next to the log entries - couple of other higher priorities - so i'm going to make the standings pages work again - then get back to this idea in a bit...

-bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
The drilling makes everything non-rx'd? I did Grace as rx'd but when I drill (I deleted my old one and put the weight rx'd for the WOD in there) but it still shows as non-rx'd.

I also see I show up twice under Grace. I thought it was going to pull the best times? I think the idea of the PR box where you check it or a "rank" like the Concept2 would be nice. This is also occurring for other WODs such as Fran for other people.