CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Courtney Love

Profile:
Question Any trainers in the ClearLake Tx Area???

Hi I am new to this site. There is a Crossfit in Houston but my situation with having a little one and no child care there dosnt allow me to do the group classes. Im really interested in trying this out. I was wondering if there are any trainers near Clear Lake, closer to my house than the Houston area that use crossfit in their routines.
I am a member of 24Fitness so a trainer at one of those would be cool too. Or just anyone in the area doing this on their own who wants a training partner.
That would be cool.

Im 29, married and have a 5 yr old boy whos not in school yet. Im a SAHM so im flexible on hours just dont have day care for my son.

I guess if I dont find anyone ill just be trying to do the WOD on my own.
Any suggestions there?
Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Martin Jacobson

Profile:
Re: Any trainers in the ClearLake Tx Area???

I've got an 8-year old boy myself, maybe we can talk Crossfit Houston into setting up a play area for kids to hang out in. I emailed them the other day and one of the trainers is also a kid's PE teacher.

Last edited by Martin Jacobson; 10-15-2008 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: more info
Old 10-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Courtney Love

Profile:

Man that would be great!
I emailed them yesterday too and she said no go. But I would think they would get so much more business if they would have at least 1 morning class where parents could attend. Otherwise im going to have to wait till he starts school next year. Blahhh! My husband goes to school on weekends so even weekends arnt an option for me.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Courtney Love

Profile:
Exclamation Re: Any trainers in the ClearLake Tx Area???

OK SO. I emailed Lisa over at the Houston crossfit asking about perhaps a MWF class just once a day that offered child care, and this was her response:

"So how many folks can you gather and the only time we would be able to offer that one hour would be between the hours of 9am and 3pm since we have the rest of the day booked. Maybe we can find some one that can keep the kids busy for an hour but we would have to know the ages, etc... Also, we have no A/C in our facility!

Let me know what you think or call me if you'd like so I can further discuss with Carlos,
Lisa"

So I guess we would need to gather a group together to make it worth their time. Honestly id rather it be between 9-3 that works better for me than earlier. like 10am would be great. But anyways.....anybody want to join in on this class???
Need help getting a group together now.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
Shawn M. McDonald

Profile:

I train a group that meets 3 days a week in Pearland at 6 pm at Tom Bass Park off of Cullen and 288. Several bring their kids and they play at the play ground equipment right next to us while we work out. There are 2 boys 3-4 and 1 girl that is 1 yr.

Let me kow if this is something you are interested in. I am Level 1 Crossfit and Crossfit Endurance Certified.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
Courtney Love

Profile:

Hi!
Thanks for the info!
Ive never done a class before and would def like to give it a try.
What days do yall meet?
My son is 5 and im sure he would be fine playing while we worked out.
Do we need to bring any eqipment? Whats the cost?

Thanks so much again!
Courtney
Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
John McPherson

Profile:

I don't know if I am close enough to you guys, but every so often my clients have to bring their children in. They hangout, watch TV, read, do homework, play kickball or football, all while their parents workout. This works especially well in the mornings and noon classes as the we have the entire 20,000sqft facility to ourselves. http://www.crossfitbreakawayspeed.com
Old 10-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #8
Shawn M. McDonald

Profile:

Courtney,

Email me and I will send you some more info. Smcdonald2421@gmail.com
Old 01-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
Laura Lee

Profile:

Hi,
I belong to 24 hr in League City too but I haven't been back since I got CF certified in July of 08. We are crossfitting at Taylor Sport Chiropractic & Training in Webster. I hope this helps!
Laura
Old 01-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
Steven Novick

Profile:

Hi Laura,

Do you have a group or classes for the CF workouts? Any set schedule for classes? I've been doing CF workouts in my garage gym, looking for others in the area and looking for coaching.

Thanks,

Steven