CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-13-2019, 09:32 AM   #2041
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

Tuesday- did some warm up and rehab at the office prior to going to the gym at 5PM.

Met my son, his GF and his child hood friend at DarkSide. Opps plus my GF. A real family affair. 4 rounds of med ball cleans and shuttle sprints. 4 rounds of 5 push ups and 5 ring rows.

Find a heavy 5 rep dl. 45,135,185,235,285,345,365,375. Felt good. I'm going up 10 lbs a week for my set of 5. In two years I will be breaking the world record. Hehe. The reps were slow and steady, good form. No bounce on the floor.

Warm up the metcon- MU ring, snatches and running.
15 min AMRAP
1200 meter run
30 power snatches- 135# not the best form ever. Needed more warm up time.
Remainder of time about 5.5 min to do ring MU- 6 sets- 5,4,4,4,4,2. Felt good. Last min I did 4/2 or 6 total. I was having fun even found time to do a hula hoop or two in the middle.

Happy with the 23 reps fatigued.

Cool down then some Thai food. My son's friend was a fire breather with the temp of the food. He ordered a 10 but it was too mild for him. Real freak of hotness taking.

Watched some tube with the group and then off to sleep. I am at 191 or so weight. A few lb's up. Two weeks with my kids from out of town, eating out so much will do it.

Active recovery tonight rowing. Then 19.4 tomorrow. Can't believe its already here. Will have to do my best then turn off the Social media from Thursday 5PM to Monday 5PM.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 03-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #2042
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Wed- just some rowing and stretching. Fun hanging in the gym not having to workout.

Thursday- rest time until 5PM. Did a few details at work then some delivery of rocks for the back yard.

AA bike for 10 min to warm up the system. Normal long warm up for shoulders and hammies. Some rowing 5,10,15,20 cal rows at 1 cal per stroke. Get the motor started.

Warmed up the snatches, bar facing burpees and the bar MU- I felt ready to go. At about 6:40PM we started.

19.4-
12 min
3 rounds of
10 95# snatches
12 bar facing burpees-
little slower than I wanted to go. 3:43

Rest 3 min. Had time for a little hula hoop, hung from the bars and put on my grips.
3 rounds of
10 bar mu
12 bar facing burpees-
R1- 7/3, R2- 4/3/3 R3- 5/2 ran out of time.

I should have gone bigger on the first set and did 10. With a perfect effort I could finish this workout. But happy to get 27 bar mu. My form has changed over the years. I am in a glide style right now.

I am turning a page with the Bar MU. Usually I would say I hope its a good day for them when a workout pops up. Not I believe that I can say I hope I have the best day for them and enjoy them. Coach Kyle on the last set said have fun with this set. I got a little smile and hit number 20-25th in the workout. I am feeling that I don't have wheel house workouts or I don't recognize them when the appear. That is a good thing. I remember a few years ago I did not have days off from the gym. Last night I was feeling like this. This morning I woke up with my back a little off and that feeling went away really fast. Hehehe.

After a little cool down I did some GHD- 5,10,15,20 or 50 total along with some upside down kb presses on the jacked shoulder. 100 ub dubs and power cleans 115-205#.

Went home and chilled. I learned that my Grand son is going to be placed back into our home. The state has to clear us. My GF is super happy that he is out of Foster Care but scared she has to take care of a 10 month old. I feel the same way. I will have to reschedule my life back to what I had.

Remodel of the bathroom is over budget by 100% and slow as a snail. Hopefully it will be done this weekend. My back yard project is near completion. 1 more truck load of gravel.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 03-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #2043
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Worked out what I could on Friday. I really don't remember exactly what I did. Just moved around.

The back is in the same area really low and really deep. It wasn't an event or something that I could feel. I just came on about 1 hour after 19.4. Sadly I was feeling so good. No effects of the workout. Finally feeling like I was getting in shape. Fast forward mentally. Good news is I have stretches and drills that I have learned over the years to fix this. I have the ability and desire to do that work. I have been working on it the whole weekend along with putting myself on light duty. I really don't know what Chris could do? I will call him to see if he has any other items that he can add to the mix. I guess that just doing more of the stuff that works would be the best path. I thought that I safe guarded it better. Good news is that I have much more strength to add with an even stronger posterior.

Maybe you can prescribe some body weight posterior strength exercises I can do?

I worked out yesterday focus on what I can do not what I can't.

10AM at Dark Side with Alex and Jeff- usual warm up.
8 rope climbs each alternating.
Total of 100 glute ham raises between us 3.
Total of 3:00 of l sit on the pull up bars between us 3.

20 min of strict Cindy-
5 strict pull ups
10 strict db presses #35 each hand
15 air squats
15 rounds

Some rowing and worked with my parents while stretching it out.

My back is feeling better each day. I am going to hold off on which day I do the workout. If its ready to go then will do on Thursday.
I am going into workout tonight. Programmed is dubs/burpees and db dead lifts. I will go light. Will be good to keep on moving.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:35 AM   #2044
Alex Burden

Profile:

looking good Vic, top 10 at the moment

good luck on 19.5
Old 03-20-2019, 03:22 PM   #2045
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Thanks Alex. Light duty and rehab for me this week.

Back is feeling better, shoulder is about the same. Caught the cold going around on Monday. Hope to be good enough for game time on Thursday evening. If its heavy will wait till Sunday.

Rehab, rowing, shoulder strength, stretching a bunch. Some bird feeders. Just keeping moving at the moment. Cold pills, plenty to eat and drink.

Nothing much to say.

Good luck everyone on 19.5.