CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-22-2019, 01:42 AM   #881
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Tuesday morning and feeling really good, i slept surprisingly well. my knee is feeling a lot better today. Wife was tired but on a whole her body did not ache that much, her elbow was better than yesterday which is good.

Plan - long***ish

Warm up
800m row
resistance band

Extensive warm up with all of the movements to come.

I would say 40min today.

Long***ish

20min - E2MOM
Min 0-2 = 200/300 Row

Min 2-4 = 10 Power Snatch 25/40kgs (55/88lbs)

Min 4-6 = 200/300 Row

Min 6-8 = 10 Power Clean and Jerk 30/60kgs (66/132lbs)

Min 8-10 = 200/300 Row

Min 10-12 = 10 Deadlifts 60/90kgs (132/198lbs)

Min 12-14 = 200/300 Row

Min 14-16 = 5 Power snatch + 5 C&J

Min 16-18 = 200/300 Row

Min 18-20 = 5 Power snatch + 5 C&J + 5 DL

You have 1 barbell and you need to change the weights, if you were smart you would plan and have 2 sets of collars. I did that and it paid off at the end.

The row was basically there to give us something to do in-between the rounds. It took the wife about 1 min for her 200m and 1min 10 for my 300m at a nice and easy pace. The reps within 2 min was not an issue but over time things got harder and we needed to be fast when adding weight on the 5+5 and 5+5+5 rounds. Rule was that we had to use collars.

Focus on good quality lifts and form throughout.

We really enjoyed this work out, it was a lot of fun.
Wife was 2 reps short on the final round of her 5 DL
I completed Everything as required.

Cool down
Clean up our crap
stretch for 20min

What a great day
Old 01-23-2019, 04:00 AM   #882
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday monring and its all about lungs. We are both feeling quite good and really have no idea how things will go today.

Plan - Calm before the storm

Warm up
Chris Hinshaw running warm up - 15min i would say.

Calm

Run - 20 min on treadmill - for distance
5x4min hill climb. we started the first 4min at 1 degree and then we took turns in chosing the hill. We chose 3, 2, 0, 2 degrees for the remaining 16min.

Wife - 3040m
Myself - 3450m

Felt good and time fly's when it's 4min intervals.

Storm total 30min spilt into 3min intervals

The focus is totally on the Ski-Erg but we needed to work for it together at the same time.

So it worked like this.... 5 rounds each: Ski-Erg for time - 150m for the wife and 200 for myself.

@ the same time together we row for 30min alternating every 3min - for total distance. The row was our active rest but we still kept a good pace.

Every other interval you have 3min to complete your Ski for time.

Wife times for 150m
46.1 seconds

Average 44.8 seconds

Myself times for 200m
43.9 seconds

Average 42.7 seconds

Wife - first 3 rounds she found her mojo and worked out how much she could push it. Final 2 rounds she really pushed it. Great result for her.

Myself - i went 95% the first 3 rounds, 3rd round was tough and the heartrate was up. Final 2 rounds i thought F*"k it, this is game on 100% effort and boy did they hurt.

Row - combined result
6584 meters (386 cal)

Cool down
Clean up our crap, sweat a lot and stretch for 20min.

we needed the stretch today, thats for sure.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:57 AM   #883
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday monring and we are both feeling like "The Cat in the Hat" green eggs and ham.... but in our case muscle soreness ---- here and there and everywhere . Did not sleep as well for some reason but on a whole we are both happy.

Plan - Push and Pull

Push - 20min time cap
10, 9, 8, 7, 6.....1

DB Bench Press 10/22kgs (22/49lbs)
Push ups

Wife - 14.42
Myself - 12.05

This was a good test with the hardest part being the push ups. Breaking the sets up early paid off in the end. I was very impressed with the wife as she completed 55 push ups. She could feel her left shoulder so she paced and planned around it not pushing it to far, her time was still good.
I enjoyed this one, good pump, i think i can push this a lot harder but is been a while since we did push ups last, time was quite good.

Pull - 20min time cap (alternating partner)
10, 9, 8, 7, 6.....1

DB Row - face down on raised bench 10/22kgs (22/49lbs)

Time - 7.45

Quick changes and a good flow kept the speed going. Good fast strict reps. The back was on fire after this.

Pull 10 rounds - 10 sec on/15 seconds off

Lats retraction/activation - hanging in pull up bar

This was easier than expected, we could have gone 15 or 20 sec on instead but we were still pleased With it.

Cool down
20min upper body stretch

The balance of the push and pull was good, 2 movements on both sides kept the load even. Good Connection with the muscle groups.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #884
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and it is soon time to rest . We both slept better and i slept a full 7hrs so i was feeling really good. Wife was feeling it in her legs and hip flexors again but not pain more tiredness.

Plan - stuff we have not done for a while

Warm up
1km on the rower
Pipe work

general light stretch, mobility
warm up with first 3 movements.

25min or something

All that stuff - partner

Chipper Alternating between rounds
6 rounds each - 25/50 - Du/Su
6 rounds each - 15 Wall balls 6/9kgs
6 rounds each - 10 T2B/K2C
6 rounds each - 40 meter Farmers walk - KB's in front rack 12/20kgs
6 rounds each - 2 Rope climbs/holds

Just get the work done, we kept a nice pace throughout. Wife's only problem was on the new rope, it was long and it did not flip over her foot to lock it. So after 4 or 5 reps she went back over to the old rope and she was perfect again strait away.
I have not done any T2B for a while and boy was i off. No flow at all, they felt easy but i only got 5's and then my kip was off. I will work on these the coming weeks again.

Cool down
Clean up the mess and stretch for 20min

A great end to the week. Compared to the past few weeks i am feeling good, strength is good and i now feeling my lung capacity is better. Just need to keep this up and make things horrible at times.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-25-2019 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #885
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

All that stuff- great way to check into a bunch of stuff
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 01-28-2019, 01:43 AM   #886
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning.... weekend was great as we fixed loads of things at home. I really irritated my left knee and i think, know that this has something to do with my meniscus, it is either swollen or it has a small tear , i need to get this looked into. Wife has a niggle in her shoulder and forearm was aslo playing up.

Plan - be smart, snatch

Warm up
60cal or 1km on the rower
band, pipe work

Extensive warm up, squats, OH squats, hang power snatch, push presses

30-35min in total

Snatch - 25min clock
Reach 1 RM

Wife - Power snatches:
20x3, 23x3, 25x4, 28x3. 30kgs/66lbs x1 97% of 1 RM)

Myself - Squat snatch:
40, 45, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75kgs/165lbs F,1 (97.5% of 1rm), 80kgs FFF

Wife was smart and only went with power snatches, she felt good on these and took it close to her PB. Once we were done she tried a few light weight snatches that she was really pleased with.

Myself - it has been a while since i went heavy snatch and when it got heavier it showed thatmy technique was rusty. A few weeks on this and i will be fine again. first failure at 75kgs and then i hit it, 3 fails at 80kgs, which would have been a new pr. Very pleased with that.

Just to mix it up wife wanted to do 60 sit-ups, so we did.

Cool down
Clean up and stretch for 20min.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:23 AM   #887
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and i am feeling really tired... my knee kept waking me up as it hurt so at most i got 5hrs unbroken sleep and the rest was repeatedly waking up because i was uncomfortable and my knee hurt. Not good! Wife was tired but slept somewhat better, still not 100% but better. So based on that we had no idea how things would go today.

Plan - The Open 18.1 Masters 45-49. - REPEAT

Warm up
Row 50cal or 1km
band work, pipe work
warm up with what was planned

all in all 35min i would say.

The Open 18.1 Masters 45-49. - REPEAT

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
8 High Knees
10 dumbbell hang clean and jerks
12-cal. row

Women scaled use 20-lb. dumbbell

Result: 8rounds + 12 reps = 252 reps

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
8 toes-to-bars
10 dumbbell hang clean and jerks
14-cal. row

Men use 50-lb. dumbbell

Result: 8rounds + 1 reps = 257 reps

This was the first time the wife did this workout and she did quite well. Half way through the WOD her rower froze, stopped working and boy was she PIS#ĄD, so she had to change rowers and lost 90 seconds. We added the 90 seconds to the 20min time cap to be fair. How did we know it was 90 seconds?... well i had just jumped on the rower and i started to rower, so i am talking with her while she is angry until she gets the rower started, during that time i forgot to look at my rower..... Durrrrrrr i am at 21 calories. So i told her i will add 90 seconds to her clock and 30 to mine so that it is fair to both of us.

I was pleased with my result as this was not in game's mode and i was only 16 reps short of my first attempt last year. We both lost time getting back on the rower as it would sometimes turn off and we would lose 5-7 seconds getting the thing to start. So i think we can easily beat our scores in the future.

My T2B were a lot better today, i did them in 4's and they felt quite good. I only broke the final set of 4 into 2,1,1. So that was an improvement compared to last week.

Cool down
Clean up and stretch with mobility for 20min

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-29-2019 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:30 AM   #888
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning and yet again i did not sleep well, my knee was giving me grief again last night. Yesterday i contacted an orthopedic surgeon to get this looked into. If the worst comes to the worst there will be no open for me. it all depends on what happens over the coming weeks. I have noticed that if i am still, sitting or asleep i feel most pain but working out i hardly feel it. I suppose it has to do with warming up the joints and getting the blood flowing. I just need to be smart or smarter for the time being. Wife was way better this morning, tired apart from that, in her happy mood. No big issues with her shoulder or hip flexors.

Plan - conditioning

Warm up
Extensive shoulder and back work with resistance band

good 15 min or so

at the same time set up with what was to come.

Partner - conditioning - 60min Clock
We used 1 ski and 1 row machine between us. So i started on the ski and the wife the rower. We alternate after each round. This meant i completed 8 rnds on the ski and 7 on the row, the wife 7 on the ski and 8 on the rower.

15 rounds - 3min on/1 min off
Row and Ski

Results:
Row - 10292 meters/610 calories
Ski - 8932 meters/446 calories

Time flew by on this. The 1 min rest felt like nothing and was just enough time to have a quick drink, magnesuim on the hands and wipe the sweat off. The wife kept an even pace today, she forgot what her speed and calorie count was when i asked her. I kept a 2min pace on the rower or 900cal/hr but on the final 3 rounds i kept a 1.50-1.55 pace or 1000cal+/hr and on the ski i kept and even 2.10-2.16 pace or 740-780 cal/hr on all of the rounds. i was pleased with that.
I hardly felt my knee at all, i used a sleeve while on the ski and i took it off for the row. I will have to see what happens during the day.

Cool down
Clean up and stretch for 20min
Old 01-31-2019, 07:42 AM   #889
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday and no working out today. I contacted the doctors surgery yesterday and they had a free time this morning at 08.00. Met the doctor, she checked out my knee and has sent me for an MRI. This can take a couple of weeks before I get that done. She prescribed some anti inflammatory just for the moment.

All in all no matter what happens including the worst case scenario that would also include surgery and rehabilitation I am looking at max 1500 Swedish krona or 200USD cost. Health system might not be what it was but it will never break the bank.

I am allowed to workout but I judged how far I want to take the pain barrier. Be smart basically.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:52 AM   #890
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and back at the gym . Both a little tired but feeling good. Knee is an issue but being smart is the name of the game today.

Plan - grippy

Warm up
1km row
extensive shoulder/tricep warm up with bands, pipe and OH presses.

20min i would say.

Part I - 15 Clock

Wife:
Box hold - 15 sec x 4 rounds, 20 seconds x 4 rounds, 25 seconds x 1.
Wall walks - 10 second holds x 4.

She did really well today. her wall walks were getting closer and closer to the wall after each attempt. This is new to her and she is progressing really well.

Myself:
Strict HSPU - 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3 total 24 reps

I am so pleased with today and completing multiple reps is fantastic for me. I felt really solid and my form was great. I am able to keep my feet together the whole time in a nice peak. I still can't do kipping HSPU, it just feels weird and i can't get my body to do it. have to work on that.

We would rotate so that i could watch the clock for the wife and we could rest between. I completed mine within 9min and from that time i helped the wife with her wall walks.

Part II - Grippy
EMOM for 18min

Min 1 = 5 Hang Power Clean 25/50kgs (55/110lbs) + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 2 = 5 C2B/pull ups (assisted)
Min 3 = 5 S20 25/50kgs (55/110lbs) + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 4 = 30 second hang from pull up bar
Min 5 = 5 deadlift 25/50kgs (55/110lbs) + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 6 = 5 C2B/pull ups

Min 7 = 5 Hang Power Clean + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 8 = 30 second hang
Min 9 = 5 S20 25/50kgs + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 10 = 5 C2B/pull ups
Min 11 = 5 deadlift + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 12 = 30 second hang

Min 13 = 5 Hang Power Clean + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 14 = 5 C2B/pull ups
Min 15 = 5 S20 + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 16 = 30 second hang
Min 17 = 5 deadlift + 5 burpees over the bar
Min 18 = 5 C2B/pull ups

This was good and brought the pulse up. The wife completed her Cleans, S2O and Deadlift with the BOB between 35-40 seconds which gave her enough time to rest. I completed all of mine rounds between 25-30 seconds. C2B and pull ups were fast for both of us.

Cool down
stretch for 20min or so and chat a lot.

and that was that for this week.