CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-05-2008, 07:04 AM   #41
Danielle Benford

Profile:
Re: Kick The Sugar/Grains habit challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Broyer View Post
well got thru day 1! but of course when i got home from the gym last night what is my roomate doing? making cookies!!

They looked delicious but i helds strong. This would be so much easier if i lived alone tho, lol!

and it looks like if i want to get on with the burpee challenge i got a lot of work to do today, like 210 burpees in one day thats kind of insane !

I hear you on the roomie situation... my roommate is practically anti-healthy food. Everything she makes comes from a box. Gross!! But when she brings home chocolate or candy or something that I used to "let slide"... then it's difficult to restrain myself!

Kudos on holding strong, Jay

210 burpees... wow. Well, atleast tomorrow would be easy!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #42
Jason Broyer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Benford View Post

or i won't be able to move, one of the two
Old 08-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #43
Jason Broyer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Benford View Post
I hear you on the roomie situation... my roommate is practically anti-healthy food. Everything she makes comes from a box. Gross!! But when she brings home chocolate or candy or something that I used to "let slide"... then it's difficult to restrain myself!

Kudos on holding strong, Jay

ya my roomate is the same way she comes home from the gyms and eats pasta, cereal, and chips that is literally her entire diet. don't think ive ever seen her cook or eat meat or veggies before!

but i try to keep my CF insanity to myself when im at home, lol.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #44
Clay Jones

Profile:

Smile Re: Kick The Sugar/Grains habit challenge

Well, didn't do too badly yesterday, except for that one glass of wine after dinner. I'll be heading out to the grocery store later, have made up my paleo shopping list. I'm also going to keep a food log (not sure that I'll bother to post the whole thing) as I want to get an idea of how much I'm eating, without going full-blown Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Broyer View Post
or i won't be able to move, one of the two
Look at it this way, if you are too sore to move, you will be likely too sore to eat anything you shouldn't
Old 08-05-2008, 08:08 AM   #45
Bob Guere

Profile:

Ok, I owe ya'll 100 burpees and I start the sugar/grains challenge...... now.

Yesterday was my birthday, and my water was off at the house for some plumber work, so dinner consisted of pizza and ice cream. Hey, it was my birthday... and it was gooooooooooooooooooooood! Bad day for me to commit to the challenge, I should've just put it off a day and avoided the burpees.

But of course I feel like I fell off the wagon and landed in a pile of doritos and had to eat my way out today... so back on the wagon it is.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #46
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
Yesterday was my birthday and my water was off at the house for some plumber work, so dinner consisted of pizza and ice cream. Hey, it was my birthday... and it was gooooooooooooooooooooood! Bad day for me to commit to the challenge, I should've just put it off a day and avoided the burpees.

i think a free pass for your b-day is warranted.

since yesterday was a rest day it was easy for me to avoid the grains. I used my one daily allowance of grains on pork fried rice that my fiancee made last night. other then that my diet consisted of bananas, celery, salad, and nuts yesterday.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #47
Nick Lavato

Profile:

I'm gonna give this one a shot too...had been doing zone during the week and slacking a little on the weekends...time to get serious. So far since Sunday I haven't had any sugar or grains, so so far so good.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #48
Jason Broyer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
Ok, I owe ya'll 100 burpees and I start the sugar/grains challenge...... now.

Yesterday was my birthday, and my water was off at the house for some plumber work, so dinner consisted of pizza and ice cream. Hey, it was my birthday... and it was gooooooooooooooooooooood! Bad day for me to commit to the challenge, I should've just put it off a day and avoided the burpees.

But of course I feel like I fell off the wagon and landed in a pile of doritos and had to eat my way out today... so back on the wagon it is.
ya dude give yourself a pass on your birthday, unless your a total sadist and like punishing yourself with 100 of the worst exercise ever!

or the best exercise ever?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #49
Bob Guere

Profile:

Ok, I'll let the one day slide since you all are twisting my arm.

I was going to do the penance because I agreed to start this yesterday and went home and was week....

But I got a BIG chunk of beef at home ready to put on the grill and I'll probably grill up some veggies along with it... Actually sounds better to me now than the pizza and ice cream.....
Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #50
Simon Warnos

Profile:

I know I am late, but I am jumping in. Time to commit.