CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-10-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Ben Kaminski

Profile:
After doing tae kwon do for 18 months, I accepted that I did not enjoy practicing the art as much as I did at first, and dropped off my TKD training. Unfortunately for me, the many schools in my city were populated by children and people looking for recreational exercise rather than martial arts training. I spent about three months thinking about what to do next, and I continued Crossfit, which I have been doing religiously for about 8 months. Based on all the references to BJJ by fellow Crossfitters here, I had some curiosity, especially since I had taken a Capoeira class while traveling and loved that Brazilian art (not that they are similar or anything).

This week the question was asked to "post your favorite fitness websites (besides Crossfit)," and while my answer was similar to "what other fitness sites?" I found bjj.org thanks to a post in the comments section. I learned there is a BJJ class taught regularly at my local Y, where I have been doing Xfit for 3 months now! Today I tried my first BJJ class, and I love it. I also recognized how much Crossfit helps in a situation such as a grappling match. My anaerobic capacity was certainly tested, but I performed well for a beginner and I know much of that came from Xfit. So once again, I say Thank You CrossFit, and I offer this testimonial as another anecdotal case in support of the CrossFit way.

Thanks,

Ben K
Old 10-11-2004, 06:31 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
You will be suprised at how much conditioning will make up for skill. When you have both, you will be one dangerous dude!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
Keith Wittenstein

Profile:
Congratulations, Ben!!!!

BJJ is more addictive than crossft in my opinion. You'll love it!