CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
Scott Terry

Profile:
Re: So you want to start a Garage Gym (Part 2)

Thanks for this, I too just printed and am using. Luckily my wife and I have been PT's and Bootcamp Instructors running our own biz for years. I now have her helping me lead the charge in converting as many as we can to CrosssFit and we hope to open a small box of our own in the next 6 months. We currently pay rent as independent trainers at a gym that is allowing us to train CrossFit too. I have applied for our Affiliation but am trying to get a handle on insurance. I guess we only need insurance as trainers for now until we get our box opened even though we will have an affiliate name operating in another facility. Any thoughts on insurance? Where to get it for CrossFit trainers?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #12
Alec Hanson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Terry View Post
Thanks for this, I too just printed and am using. Luckily my wife and I have been PT's and Bootcamp Instructors running our own biz for years. I now have her helping me lead the charge in converting as many as we can to CrosssFit and we hope to open a small box of our own in the next 6 months. We currently pay rent as independent trainers at a gym that is allowing us to train CrossFit too. I have applied for our Affiliation but am trying to get a handle on insurance. I guess we only need insurance as trainers for now until we get our box opened even though we will have an affiliate name operating in another facility. Any thoughts on insurance? Where to get it for CrossFit trainers?

Hey Scott. Nexo is good for insurance (plenty of threads on that), and CrossFit RRG is a must in my opinion.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
Ismael Rosa II

Profile:

This is FANTASTIC motivation right here! I'm in Gurnee, IL. I've been working with the Grayslake Fire Dept. and I'm stoked about the possibilities. I'm currently going through the Affiliation process. It is true that showing deep appreciation for your fellow man and his/her accomplishments will bring the community closer as well as create stronger individuals. Thanks for your honesty.