CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 12-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #1
Nic Nakis

Profile:
One year ago my buddy Gary told me about Crossfit. He had been doing UFC stuff and they'd turned him onto the site.

I was about 25 pounds overweight (on a small body) and trying to get back into shape. A big fan of running and military workouts, I'd never done any lifting, but was into a variety of bodyweight exercise.

I started learning the Crossfit exercises and others I found on the message board and in the links, and attempting some of the WOD's. First it was bodyweight stuff, tabata sets, dumbbell thrusters, L-sits, etc. I also started eating Paleo. In just a month or two I lost the weight, but I wanted more.

In the spring me and another guy from Judo class started teaching ourselves the O-lifts before class, that eventually turned into modified WOD's before Judo sessions.

I started doing WOD's semi-regularly in the summer, in addition to my park workouts, runs, bikes, and rows. Since September, I've been holding steady on the WOD schedule and posting regularly.

In such a short period, I have come tremendously far. Ever day I set PR's in something, or at least feel that awesome. I've also added the warmup and been adding cooldowns of my own.

The Crossfit method and the knowledge I've gleaned from this site and this experience have completely changed my outlook on fitness. This site has made me be better able--physically and mentally--to tackle the problems I run into day to day.

Thanks Crossfit.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Great job, great story Nic!
Old 12-23-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
Brian Gibson

Profile:
Great job Nic! Congratulations on the progress.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #4
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Nice work!! Too bad the girlfriend crapped out on you! Sounded like the two of you were having fun with the WOD's.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:21 PM   #5
Nic Nakis

Profile:
Yeah, I'll get her back into it. It's just that she used to be a lifter and fears going back to the "lifter body". I'll just get her to join me for the high-cardio stuff.