CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 01-19-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
Pat Janes

Profile:

Has anyone else noticed how many people have achieved their 1st muscle-up around here lately?

I went and had a look at the Trophy Case; including the most recent couple of additions (not yet in there), there are about 30 CrossFitters that have MU'ed for the 1st time.

That is just outstanding..!

With that, BW lifts, double BW lifts, the occasional triple BW lift, sub-10 benchmark WODs everywhere, we're surrounded by a large number of really fit people.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:00 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Pat, I've noticed a trend of greater and more consistant participation in the message board. You are seeing the same names with fewer and fewer "dropouts". This would imply to me the core of Crossfitters around the world is growing. With the consistancy in people completing the WOD were going to continue to see PR's in Crossfit movements and exercises, as well as other endevors.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Ron Nelson

Profile:
I tend to look at the names of the posters in the comments area. I have seen the regular list of names grow significantly in the 7 months I've been here!
Old 01-30-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
Jim Howe

Profile:
I've been enjoying watching Crossfit posters/converts grow during the year(nearly)that I've been at it. It is cool to watch the numbers soar and the times plummet. It keeps me inspired.

I made my 1st muscle-up back in November and like Pat Janes I am still excited enough about them to practice a few nearly everyday. I also was really jazzed when I managed 25 during a WOD. It represented a benchmark.

HSPU's however are another story, I can do them but am having trouble incorporating them consistently into the prescribed WOD's since once I hit my limit, I can't sqeeze out anymore.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
Pat Janes

Profile:

I tend to hit a bit of a wall with HSPU numbers too, Jim.

I can crank quite a fair number of them, particularly in a circuit when they're broken up into rounds; but when my shoulders give out, that's it - I'm unlikely to be able to push out anything closely resembling a HSPU - not one with any decent ROM anyway.