CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Flynn Livingston

Profile:
True believer

My wife, a CF trainer, introduced me to CF and I am about one month in. I was in decent shape but was no where near what I wanted to be physically at age 42.
Nine knee surgeries (total reconstruction x2 and scopes), wicked IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and feeling like I was going nowhere in my conditioning...I knew something had to change.
So I go to CF with my wife and I am hooked. Maybe hooked is not the right word. I think that I will use "addicted".
Have I worked hard? Yes, I haven't missed a WOD since I started (even going on a hunting trip I nailed my travel WODs), went paleo, went the extra mile during cash out doing them and then some extra (especially Burpees), am running Tabata sprints postWOD and on the day that the box is closed.
If I could go back in time and tell myself the difference I would not have believed it.
I've dropped 16 LBS (down to 179), I don't have a pair of pants or a belt that fits, my IBS is non-existent. I have good pace running and am Rx'ing more often that not. No pain in my knee from running since I adopted POSE.
I still have a long way to go...but I certainly know how I am getting there.
I cannot wait to see how great I feel after 3, 6, 12 months of CF (and to do multiple muscle ups).
By the way, I actually enjoy doing Burpees. Yes, I have some masochistic issues .
Thanks Zack and Kevin at Crossfit Essentials in McDonough,GA and thanks to my truly incredible wife Amee, my favorite coach.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
Helen M Brennan

Profile:
Re: True believer

well done.
keep up the great work..

H