CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
Steven DeBord

Profile:
Advise on getting clients?

I opened a Box in my small town of six thousand people. There Is not another Box within 40 miles. I kept my overhead pretty low going in I knew I needed at least 22 members to break even. Iíve been open for 6 months and Iíve been stuck at 14 members for awhile. Every once in awhile I will gain 1 or 2 for a month or 2 but then they donít stick with it. I need help on what to do to get more people in the door.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #2
Chris Sinagoga

Profile:
Re: Advise on getting clients?

Hey Steven,sorry for the late response. First off, hang in there. If you are patient you'll fill up. And do you best to stay focused on the people you are coaching. I have a tough time doing this too when my numbers get low, but they always pick up eventually.

Secondly, is there a specific group of people you want to train? We like to focus on kids/teens, but everyone has a different target.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:54 AM   #3
Alex Burden

Profile:

You need to get out and about to show and tell people that your are there.

*Try and have a showing for 1 day in a shopping mall
*Give out flyers to people on the street/malls and tell them what you have to offer. Use current members for help.
*Set up a sign by a main road where there are shops or a mall
*Give out flyers at schools if you are allowed or contact local schools and ask if you can bring crossfit to them to try it out during a couple of days when they have exercise classes

If they are not coming to you you need to come to the people. spending a few hours at peak time where there are loads of people can really pay off.

Make it clear what you have to offer as Chris pointed out and try and get a kids class going. The parents take the kids to class, they sit around and watch. After a few weeks they find it more and more interesting, you talk to them and let them try it out... bingo even more members.

Its all about being creative.

good luck
Old 04-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Do an Indian run around the area. Have the peeps wear the box clothing.

Alternate sources of revenue. Think about more clothing, drinks, bars..

Some of our coaches do personal training and CF kids. The gym gets a cut of that business.

Like Alex said be creative. On that I will write a letter to a real estate company 100 meters from my gym. They did not respond to my email. Heck I might even have to stop by.

Cheers
Vic
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58