CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #21
Mike Wright

Profile:
Re: Help me spend $5K for mil PT program

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Thomas Boss View Post
I live on the base that had the first CF box built inside a fitness center with AF funding. Since then, in-house boxes have sprung up on bases seemingly everywhere, to include yours, but we yet to have a groundswell movement to pressure higher-ups to adopt CF officially, like the Army and Marine Corps have experienced. I wonder why that is?
Are you being sarcastic?

BTW, not trying to pioneer a "groundswell movement" for official adoption, just trying to get my students ready for life and deployments.

Last edited by Mike Wright; 09-12-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Old 09-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
Mike Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dunn View Post
Yea man, I think you're the one who needs to "write a CFJ article" or "do a study" or whatever on the method you recommended because I'm betting most of us on here subscribe and have read the studies that show that CF works. That's why we all do crossfit, because it works.

To the point, we recently spend ~$3K to outfit our new gym and got a custom quote from Rogue. Ended up with a R3 rack, a beater bar, a bunch of bumpers, a 1 pood kettlebell, a rogue flat bench, a 20lb med ball, a set of rogue rings, and a C2 rower. Also bought a big a$$ fan since the gym is outdoors as well as horse stall mats to cover the concrete.

Great for our needs which was 2-3 dudes training at a time max so obviously for you needing to train more peeps recommend no rower (minus $900 right there) and get more bars and weights to get everyone lifting at least. Rings are cheap and very useful, you could probably do a pullup/rack solution cheaper than the R3 if you can bolt a rack to the wall (we could not), and I'd focus on things like jump ropes, med balls, etc. that are multi-use and you can get a bunch without breaking the bank.

Anyways, Rogue had GSA pricing and they were great to work with. I've also bought from Wright and Christian's Fitness Factory for my personal garage gym and they were both great as well.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Why were you unable to bolt to the wall? I am considering a wall mount unit.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #23
Adam Dunn

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wright View Post
Thanks for the info. Why were you unable to bolt to the wall? I am considering a wall mount unit.
Some BS with having to get civil engineering approval to "modify the structure" of our building (the actual gym is under an open overhand with concrete block walls). We weren't gonna bolt to the ground either and were gonna attach the R3 to plywood and roll like that, but our Commander decided we could attach it to the ground because in his judgment the concrete sidewalk isn't part of the "structure" and there was no reason why we couldn't make reasonable accommodation to make the mission happen. He's the freakin' man basically.

We were gonna go with the Rogue W-4 rack because it was cheaper but no biggie, the R3 rocks. (WFS)

Also, Again Faster has good looking military packages that are all $2,999 (max single purchase on GSA card). Looks like you don't have that limitation but it's indicative that they have experience working with mil customers. They have 5 packages, and if you ask me I like Charlie the best, gets you bars, weights, and squat stands. Other stuff can be added as necessary with that other $2K you have. Enjoy! Again, WFS on link...

Last edited by Adam Dunn; 09-12-2010 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Add info