CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #7671
Michael Holmes

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

There are some big boy numbers going up on here and round on other peoples' logs - I hope that you guys who are going out to Sweden represent and do us justice. I'd love to join you but I simply can't afford to make it out there and I can't take days off work to make it cheaper, being a teacher and all!
Just make sure that you wear those naughty shorts that you wore at the Sectional to scare everyone off
Mike
Old 05-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #7672
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Holmes View Post
There are some big boy numbers going up on here and round on other peoples' logs - I hope that you guys who are going out to Sweden represent and do us justice. I'd love to join you but I simply can't afford to make it out there and I can't take days off work to make it cheaper, being a teacher and all!
Just make sure that you wear those naughty shorts that you wore at the Sectional to scare everyone off
Mike
Sorry to hear your not able to get to Sweden, its definately an expensive destination. Being a bit competitive I will put everything I can to represent and if I came up short I will see you all in Manchester in July with my scary shorts. You should see a pair I had the year before, much shorter and bright red!! Still holding my breath for the workouts.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 05-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #7673
Chris Kemp

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Thanks Kempie, did not think of that, I have been trying to work out how to lengthen it, thats just so simple it completely went over my head. The only trouble I have is they did not send me the tool you need to change the cable and I have to send it back in order to get my new one. The one I have was there demonstration model and he sent me it while the new one was in transit.
No tool required - the rope actually screws into the little metal bearing thing. From memory the official ropes have a little hole running through them to allow for the screw to go in. I just forced our cheapies in but you could use a thumb tack or something to get the hole started.

Anyways, here is hoping that you don't need this because your real one arrives soon.

Cheers, kempie
Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #7674
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kemp View Post
No tool required - the rope actually screws into the little metal bearing thing. From memory the official ropes have a little hole running through them to allow for the screw to go in. I just forced our cheapies in but you could use a thumb tack or something to get the hole started.

Anyways, here is hoping that you don't need this because your real one arrives soon.

Cheers, kempie
Thanks Kempie, just went straight to the ropes and tried it, the reebok screwed straight into the handles with a little encouragement. Going to keep a spare rope still as my DIY skills are not to be trusted, best to have a back up anyways.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #7675
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

3 May 2010

'Nasty Girls'

3 rounds for time:
50 Squats
7 Muscle ups
10 Hang Power Cleans 135lb - 7.42 PR

Two minute PR , very pleased, the powers coming at the right time, muscle ups felt strong and cleans done in the swing type motion I have seen Leon use in vids, prob more muscled by myself though.

HSPU's Pyramid style 1 min breaks
10-6-5-4-4-4

MR Set Overhead Squats - 50k x 16 reps
Old 05-03-2010, 05:44 AM   #7676
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

That's a blazing fast time mate!!! you mus have been flying through those squats and cleans. The muscle ups were probabaly just a "bump on the road" as Leon says lol. Glad to see you arepeaking at the right moment mate!

Quote:
3 May 2010

'Nasty Girls'

3 rounds for time:
50 Squats
7 Muscle ups
10 Hang Power Cleans 135lb - 7.42 PR

Two minute PR , very pleased, the powers coming at the right time, muscle ups felt strong and cleans done in the swing type motion I have seen Leon use in vids, prob more muscled by myself though.

HSPU's Pyramid style 1 min breaks
10-6-5-4-4-4

MR Set Overhead Squats - 50k x 16 reps
Old 05-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #7677
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Huge Pr Scott!!

I hope you rope holds up. How is it now that you lenthened it?
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #7678
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
That's a blazing fast time mate!!! you mus have been flying through those squats and cleans. The muscle ups were probabaly just a "bump on the road" as Leon says lol. Glad to see you arepeaking at the right moment mate!
Yep just a bump in the road , also the squats were quite easy, I was doing 40 then grabbing my chalk and chalking the hands up while hitting the last 10 squats.

Workouts announced tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Huge Pr Scott!!

I hope you rope holds up. How is it now that you lenthened it?
Thanks Nik, hugely pleased with it.

I got the rope sorted but I am going to buy an extra rope in case my DIY skills cause it to break mid-workout so I have a spare.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #7679
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Yep just a bump in the road , also the squats were quite easy, I was doing 40 then grabbing my chalk and chalking the hands up while hitting the last 10 squats.

Workouts announced tomorrow

Thanks Nik, hugely pleased with it.

I got the rope sorted but I am going to buy an extra rope in case my DIY skills cause it to break mid-workout so I have a spare.
Yea, that and you promised Richard the loan of one. But how is the buddy lee now that it is longer? Have you tried it out?

They post the workouts tomorrow right?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #7680
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Tick tock tick tock! I'm getting excited for you mate!!!:stir: